Not sure if I've posted something about this, but...

<p>One of my best friends will be attending State this year, and I would love for us to be able to visit each other often. Since I, as a freshman, have no car and he also has no car, we will both use public transit.</p>

<p>From what I’ve heard, friends at Chapel Hill and State are able to easily keep in touch–it’s almost like going to the same college together. Is this true? Is it easy to frequently take the bus to State or to UNC for little money?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Anybody? (10char)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I wouldn’t go THAT far. UNC and State are relatively close (about half an hour apart), but they are two entirely different schools with entirely different undergraduate populations and mindsets.</p>

<p>Also, I haven’t heard of a bus that goes from UNC to State. Most people drive or find a ride. You could also take a cab, but that could be pretty pricey if you take one from Chapel Hill all the way to Raleigh.</p>

<p>

There is. My roommate used it last year.</p>

<p>There’s no direct UNC to NC State express bus that I’m aware of (as there is with the Robertson bus between UNC and Duke). But you <em>can</em> take normal public transit buses.</p>

<p>The TTA (Triangle Transit) 550 Bus has a stop at UNC (across from Fetzer Gym) and NC State (across from their library).</p>

<p>See here for more details and times. From the site, it looks like a trip would take 50-70 minutes: [Trip</a> Planner](<a href=“http://www.gotriangle.org/trip/en/?mm=timetables&sm=&date=20090810&key_7=550:7]Trip”>http://www.gotriangle.org/trip/en/?mm=timetables&sm=&date=20090810&key_7=550:7)</p>

<p>I wasn’t calling them the same school. I was referring to the proximity…</p>

<p>Obviously, they’re two different schools. Again, I was saying that it’s like going to the same school because of the proximity.</p>

<p>I think the TTA is what I saw when I was up there. Thanks for the link!</p>

<p>I think if you want to travel back and forth a lot you can, but I don’t know anyone that makes the trip very often.</p>

<p>I guess I’m just a little apprehensive about possibly losing touch with my friend.</p>

<p>blair, that’s something that you should worry about, but not stress over. I’ve managed to stay in touch with my friends back home that I wanted to, and I only see them over breaks. If your friendship means enough to both of you, then it will survive, and maybe even grow stronger.</p>

<p>Well, I’m from NC, so maybe it will be a little easier to stay in touch with friends back home. Aren’t you OOS?</p>

<p>I am OOS, so you should have an easier time staying in touch with your friend.</p>