Not sure what my options are, out of state..

<p>Hey, </p>

<p>I'm currently attending a 4 year uni in a different state and I'm determined to move to California for the rest of my college life and stay there. I've done a bit of research and I understand I'm really disadvantaged in transferring to a UC / CSU. </p>

<p>I've done 2 semesters at an out of state university so far and I'm on my 3rd one this GPA after fall will be like 3.1 and hopefully a little higher if I finish my 2nd year there.</p>

<p>I'd really like to apply to some lower UC's or CSU's, but I'm not sure which ones I'd realistically get into. Also since I'll have exactly 60 credits after spring 2014, I'm terrified that some classes won't transfer and I'll be boned. Should I transfer to a community college in California for spring 2014, try and establish residency and maybe have a better shot at transferring? Would I need to stay at the CC longer? </p>

<p>So my question is, what should I do? Do I have a good shot at some UCs or CSU long beach / fullerton being out of state with a not-so-decent GPA?</p>

<p>I really need some advice, thank you !!</p>

<p>Yes - you can apply to a few UC’s/CSU’s. Definitely not Cal or UCLA, your GPA is extremely low for them. However, I recommend UC Merced and UC Riverside as possibilities, maybe even UC Santa Cruz. And the CSU’s are pretty much open - except for the one’s that are extremely impacted like Long Beach. </p>

<p>What’s your major?</p>

<p>my major is math</p>

<p>thank you for the response!</p>


The specific rules about residency for UCs are on the website of each campus, but the bottom line is this: it is almost a certainty that you are never going to qualify for CA resident tuition at a UC.</p>

<p>Just out of curiousity, why California? Atmosphere, weather, beaches?? It might help us make some recommendations.</p>

<p>Well if the OP is over the age of 24, it is possible to claim residency in the state. If s/he is under 24, then the parents have to move here as well. It looks like the UC system requires two years of residency, while most the CC’s only require one year to get in-state tuition.</p>