Nothing to do this summer

<p>So my dad's been practically peeing himself with pride lately after we found out I got into Princeton and he's been bringing me around to all his work friends to tell them. And they all ask me the same thing:</p>

<p>"So, what are your plans for the summer?"</p>

<p>And I've got none. As of right now: taking the dog out for walks and napping until 3. All of my friends are doing summer programs at their respective colleges that start the day after we graduate. I'll be totally alone.</p>

<p>Any suggestions? I'm from North NJ btw, a train ride away from 32nd Street and the World Trade Center.</p>

<p>Relax! you've worked hard ror the past years to get into princeton. Think about it-this may be the last summer you get to relax and do nothing, so take advantage of it. Have fun!</p>

<p>Haha, that's what my mom said. I'm not looking for anything serious where I'd have to apply and write essays but the thought of sitting at home alone 24/7 for 3 months also sucks. I also can't work because it would mess with my financial aid. I was thinking of volunteering with Habitat for Humanity for ten hours a week or so and learning how to knit or something. The Volunteer Coordinator for Habitat hasn't gotten back to me yet though and it's been over a week.</p>

<p>I think you just do whatever you want to do... i mean... YOU GOT INTO PRINCETON. Take it easy for now, and just do what you wanna do before you have to work your butt off yet again at Princeton. Do whatever you want to do.. take an art class... or just sleep !</p>

<p>I was kind of having the same issues...</p>

<p>well I got a job at my stepbrother's company (yay nepotism!) so that'll occupy a few days a week for a month of the summer... but that aside.. among other things i signed up for a local art class so maybe check out a local art center and see if they're offering anything?</p>

<p>I imagine that you need to find a job to cover your spending money in college, but if you really have free time, I wonder if you could head to the coast and help clean up after the oil spill. If I were in your situation, that's what I would want to do. I hate thinking about the wetlands and animal life being ruined. When you think about how many people volunteered after the 9/11 disaster, you'd think that people could start mobilizing to help with this ecological disaster.</p>

<p>
[quote]
All of my friends are doing summer programs at their respective colleges that start the day after we graduate. I'll be totally alone.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>WOW. That's so bizarre. At home, I'm the weird one for going away during the summer. Everyone else is all about summer jobs, drunk bonfires, skinny dipping in the lake, and road trips. </p>

<p>If I was in your position, I'd attack my ridiculously long "To Read" list and spend lots of days at local coffee shops or on my porch just reading. Or take a chill pottery class or something--anything you can apply yourself too (that's non-academic) so you don't go stir-crazy this summer.</p>

<p>I'll actually be having a job hopefully at the bookstore - Barnes Noble, studying for my SAT I, attending Church on Sundays, and going to Boston in August. I'll be a college freshmen in the Fall.</p>

<p>You could always brag about it on the internet.</p>

<p>Why don't you go see Europe for your last 3 months?
haha
or Explore the US haha lmfao</p>