Now that American Idol is over - time for "So You think You Can Dance" closet fans??

<p>OMG - I have tears running down my face after the Italien guy</p>

<p>(of laughter)</p>

<p>Like you, I have now turned my attention from AI to this show. Mindless entertainment – I guess it’s a harmless way to decompress from work! (But I missed the beginning of the show tonight.)</p>

<p>They have these ‘talent contest’ shows down to a science now with one following the other at a good clip. I suspect they’re mostly owned by the same couple of guys with Simon Cowell being one of them.</p>

<p>I kind of liked that ‘Wanna be a Top Band’ or whatever it was last summer - the one that’s a battle of the unknown bands.</p>

<p>The guy in the underpants flashing his goodies - what was he thinking?</p>

<p>Thanks for the heads up – it won’t go on here on the west coast for another 2 hours, but that’s always been a favorite around here.</p>

<p>Can’t go there.</p>

<p>Dancing is one of the dumbest things ever invented. It serves no purpose and has no function. It must have been invented by women because they are the only ones who like it.</p>

<p>razorsharp… sarcastic post or just have nothing better to do with your time?</p>

<p>

So watching “so you think you can dance” is a good use of your time?</p>

<p>I just don’t understand why you take the time to post a comment that has no meaning to anyone but yourself.</p>

<p>“Dancing is one of the dumbest things ever invented”… wow that is quite a statement. Why because you can’t dance? Seems to have been around quite awhile…</p>

<p>“It must have been invented by women because they are the only ones who like it.” I really can’t even respond to such an ignorant remark.</p>

<p>razorsharp cracks me up.</p>

<p>enderkin: why?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Much bettre than watching a bunch of guys tackling each other over a stupid ball. :D</p>

<p>or watching a bunch of guys (and gals) chasing a teeny-tiny little white dimpled ball. :)</p>

<p>I tried to watch it but couldn’t take it - it’s so stupid. Sticking with their formula (the same one used on most of these types of shows) they’re filling the front end with idiots who can’t dance in any way because the show’s producers think we want to watch such a display. I don’t find it humorous or entertaining in any way - just idiotic. I might watch some of the later shows when they start to get serious and have dancers on the show. Actually, my W will probably have it on and I’ll be on my laptop as usual.</p>

<p>I do enjoy SYTYCD, but as was noted above, I really hate that they show the awful people at the beginning. Why in the world do they think we will enjoy seeing someone horribly embarrassed? </p>

<p>The audition process for that show is pretty bizarre. A good friend, who is an absolutely amazing and captivating dancer, attended auditions in Utah this spring. She didn’t even make the first cut…yet they show all these terrible people.</p>

<p>Oh well.</p>

<p>I’ll admit, I watched part of the show last season…but that lady judge’s voice was so shrill and annoying, I had to mute the TV when she talked/screamed…</p>

<p>Well, I’m one man who loves the dance. </p>

<p>Great TV. </p>

<p>My wife and I love kicking back in the lazy-chairs and watch it together wondering what might have been…if we had talent. Lots of very talented hard working men and women and it is easy to have a favorite and still be stunned by the art and effort of another dancer.</p>

<p>Fwiw, don’t really care for American Idol.</p>

<p>Thank you, Woodwork - I thought I was the only one who doesn’t like AI! Love SYTYCD, though - technique shines through.</p>

<p>Yup, I am in the bored by AI camp, can’t wait for SYTYCD crowd, too. Family obligations had me missing yesterdays, but am looking forward to the rebroadcast Monday- it’s all embarassingly mindless fluff, but fun to have something to chat about over the water cooler.</p>

<p>I also feel badly for some of the bad singers & dancers shown on these shows- the young man who sang Old Man River and seemed to have some developmental delay on AI, I hated that they kept showing him, as I think he really was clueless about his “talent” and he was nastily encouraged by people playing a joke on him :(</p>