now vs. wait later for U Mich

<p>I was planning on going for another round of SAT I testing in December and sending my U Mich application immediately afterwards. But now I'm not so sure if I should wait for that last round of testing to boost my SAT I score hopefully to 1350+ (but I'm aiming for a 1400), or to take advantage of rolling admissions NOW. </p>

<p>out-of-state from California
first generation to go to college in family
low-income family - mother is postal office carrier, father is mechanical engineer at a hotel and part-time waiter</p>

<p>Major: American Studies or Sociology</p>

<p>SAT I score: 1250
Rank: 59/501 (coming from National Blue Ribbon School and competitive H.S. in California)</p>

<p>12 APs finished by graduation, (took 4 junior year, taking 8 senior year)</p>

<p>weighted GPA: 3.79 / unweighted: probably around 3.4-3.5</p>

<p>Great extracurriculars: (these have all been long-term.. 3-4 years of commitment) campus life editor of school newspaper, Northern California DECA District Action Team, Environmental Club President, Interact Club member, Public Library Teen Advisory Board, 200+ community service hours, long standing job at local Aquatic Center for 3 years now.</p>

<p>Planning to sent in good essay and recommendations.</p>

<p>Purplerain, you do realize Michigan is a reach for you. For out of staters, a 3.5 GPA with a 1250 SAT is a stretch, especially since you are not ranked in the top 10% of your class. </p>

<p>It is already late, so you will not really benefit from applying early. But if you apply in December, it will be much harder. I would send in your application as soon as possible and make sure to write the date of your next SAT exam so that in case they want to check your second SAT, they will know to wait for it.</p>