Off Topic: Wasting Time

<p>Has anyone else noticed that their post count on here starts to skyrocket when they get really busy with school and are forced to sit at their computer for hours working?</p>

<p>I just realized that all of the threads on the front page except for like 5 or 6 have red stars by them, and it kind of depresses me how much time I waste on here. haha</p>

<p>Yes, I have four papers, several labs, and a million tests coming up. It's getting pathetic; I've even commented on "chances" threads :-(</p>

<p>Not so much during math/science/engineering time, but right now I am writing a research paper for my Power and Politics class, and take a break every few minutes to argue with someone about something academic on CC. FML.</p>

<p>Haha, I don't bother with the chances threads anymore... I should just keep a bunch of links to other chances threads and just keep posting them in replies...</p>

<p>Agree.</p>

<p>It's amazing really. During the summer - I didn't get on here once. However, now that we're back in school and my extreme love for academics has once again shown itself - I am certain that my GPA has taken a hit while I try to help other people bring theirs up, ironic?</p>

<p>My GPA only goes up. </p>

<p>
[quote]
My GPA only goes up.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Who are you, Chuck Norris?</p>

<p>
[quote]
Who are you, Chuck Norris?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Chuck Norris' academic performance cannot be measured by GPA. Any number would only put him down.</p>

<p>Chuck Norris graduated from MIT with an 8.3 GPA</p>

<p>No, MIT graduated from Chuck Norris... with a 2.8 GPA.</p>

<p>Bone for every post you make, that is one more data point that your competition has. SOON they'll have publish your work.</p>

<p>Hell yes! At least it means I would be published! Could that go on my CV? Is half-retardation a skill?</p>

<p>I can see it now. </p>

<p>"Characterizations of Von Karman vortices in hypersonic flow". Bonehead. Nature/Science/ASME/Journal of Fluid Mechanics*</p>

<p>*Almost published.</p>

<p>If that works--my impact factor is 10000000000*i</p>

<p>Deal. I will officially give you as much imaginary credit as you would like. I will also supplement it with a sizable check written out to one nshah1617 and payable in Monopoly money. If you play your cards right, I just might throw in some real estate as a bonus. I hear Marvin Gardens is nice this time of year...</p>

<p>No, MIT graduated from Chuck Norris... with a 2.8 GPA. </p>

<p>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA</p>

<p>
[quote]
Deal. I will officially give you as much imaginary credit as you would like. I will also supplement it with a sizable check written out to one nshah1617 and payable in Monopoly money. If you play your cards right, I just might throw in some real estate as a bonus. I hear Marvin Gardens is nice this time of year...

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Jovial jest or sharp social commentary on the causes of the financial crisis?</p>

<p>You decide.</p>

<p>Fine, if you don't want the royalties I would owe you and the bonus, just say so. I have been saving up to buy some railroads anyway.</p>

<p>I might go halfies with you on Reading Railroad. The bank foreclosed on Baltic and Mediterranean.</p>

<p>Well, maybe the foreclosure will be an opportunity to clean those slums up. I hear they are located in kind of a shady area and that is why things are so cheap there.</p>

<p>Don't blame me it was those damn MIT engineers who went to Wall Street!</p>

<p><em>oh no.. what have I done</em></p>

<p>where's sakky?</p>