***Official 2010 AP Psychology Exam Discussion***

<p>In light of this and threads that have already been created for at least one other AP course, it is best to begin an open question-and-answer dialogue to reaffirm the concepts that we have learned up to this instant. </p>

<p>I should state that it is best to focus your questions on a specific concept as to not overburden the individual responding and to promote relatively frequent replies.</p>

<p>Also, do not feel absolutely obligated to answer a question; commentary is perfectly fine. Please feel free to reflect on your personal experiences in the course or any outlooks, insights, or additional comments that you may have.</p>

<p>Best wishes!</p>

<p>(thanks mifune for the outline)</p>

<p>Can anyone explain structuralism and introspection?
I'm currently using the Barron's book and it's really good. I like it.</p>

<p>introspection was the first approach to psych. wundt would ask subjects to record their thinking processes when exposed to different stimuli. he wanted to examine the different cognitive structures, hence the name "Structuralism"...thinking=subjective emotions + objective sensations</p>

<p>Hey, someone clear me up on convergent and divergent thinking please.</p>

<p>In English, convergent thinking means you come to think together...? Divergent means you think divergely...</p>

<p>I am so gonna get a 3 lol</p>

<p>Divergent thinking - when many correct answers are possible. An example is brainstorming.</p>

<p>Convergent thinking - when there's only one answer and you have to narrow all the choices down to one. Like a math problem</p>

<p>Can someone explain what the hell a heuristic is?</p>

<p>Heuristics are shortcuts in solving problem (as opposed to algorithms, which go through every possibility). An example would be for solving a math problem in your head, like 15 times 12. An algorithm would go through every possible integer, while you might use heuristics to say, "Well, the answer can't be negative, the first digit has to be a zero," and other things like that.</p>

<p>Convergent thinking is pointed towards one answer. Divergent thinking is like creativity.
Think convergent would be a physics problem, whereas divergent would be an english essay.</p>

<p>Get the party started :)</p>

<p>Not trying to sound too overconfident but i've heard this test is a joke- though i'm still expecting for the worst lol anyone have any idea on what the free response questions might be on, thats all i'm worried about =/
and is it possible to still get a 5 if you answer all the MC questions correctly but get no credit for the Free Response?</p>

<p>Could someone give me an example of face, construct, content, and predictive validity?</p>

<p>desi_chick - you'll get a very, very high four if you get 100 raw points on the multiple choice. It shouldn't be too hard to pick up the extra 5 to 10 that you need on the FRQs to ensure that 5, haha.</p>

<p>since you guys all took AP Psych. Would you suggest self studying it? what books are the best? Textbooks? or like Barrons?</p>