Official Columbia ED Essay Swap

<p>Idea stolen from Yale thread</p>

<p>Everyone (sorta) was apprehensive about posting their essays, and rightfully so....so here we can post our email adresses and swap essays with each other. And then we can all post comments about each other's essays on this thread. </p>

<p>From the yale thread: Just post your email address and others can decide whether or not they want to send their essays to you.
Just as a word of warning, u should probably only send ur essays to people that you CAN trust... if that's possible online. Don't send it to random people that have like 1 or 2 posts... and all of a sudden wants ur essays...
We can also post comments here, so we can discuss each others essays as well."</p>

<p>I'm a sophmore so i'm not quite there yet, what did you have to do for the essay?</p>

<p>nothing,its open-ended. The topic is just : convey to the reader a sense of who you are.</p>

<p>wow...sounds tough to approach</p>

<p>no, it's easier than most of those stupid essays you have to write based on a quote or something</p>

<p>Do you guys understand this thread? You post your email adress and people email their essays to you, and then we comment on them (without using excerpts) here....this way no one can "steal" your essay. So...are we going to actually do this.</p>

<p>Haha.. because ppl won't steal your essay through email - but they will from the discussion board?</p>

<p>No...the point is, you are only emailing it to people who you know have been on this thread, who have applied ED, who have a sufficient amoutn of posts. If you see someone who you dont recognize who has a few posts, I wouldnt send it to them. But if you see someone's email that has a lot of posts and have been on these forums for a while, then obviosuly they're not just searching the web for essays to steal. Its working on the yale thread lol...are we so difficult?</p>

<p>remember guys, lets get this going. Its not just for me....its for all of us. So you send your essays to glory too, and she'll comment on our essays in this post. And you can post your email adresses and we'll send you ours.</p>

<p>lets get some new people going.... contessa, glory and I have all shared, The yale thread is kicking our ass.</p>

<p>i'll s hare with someone....</p>

<p>im noticign small grammar mistakes in here now =(</p>

<p>lol. i would but i dont have my essay done yet im RDing it.</p>

<p>so why dont we get some comments about the actual essays going on this site?</p>

<p>Please don't post e-mails per our TOS. Thanks.</p>

<p>P.S. Please be cautious in sharing your essays. We have a great group of members at CC, but plagiarism is still a possibility. There's a whole RD season still to go this year.</p>