OFFICIAL School of Cinematic Arts 2014 Applicants/Results

<p>My mail just came.</p>

<p>The envelope in my hand is very thin.</p>

<p>15 Production (littlered3, losthestory, shicko)
5 Critical Studies (1 for Spring)
5 Writing (timish412)
3 Interactive Entertainment (Flintlock)
10 Did not specify</p>

<ul>
<li>phone interview

backdoor links work

% SCA letter dated 3/12
$ SCA letter dated 3/19
^ SCA letter dated 3/24</li>
</ul>

<p>Everyone is accepted to their first choice unless otherwise noted.</p>

<p>CRITICAL STUDIES MAJORS:
quwayo* (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/15# > ACCEPTED 3/17 (postmark: 3/16) %
losthestory* (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/16# > ACCEPTED 3/19 (postmark: 3/16) %
1991will (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/13 > being reviewed 3/22 > acted on 3/29 > ACCEPTED USC 3/27 (postmark: 3/24), waiting for SCA
dreamupsided0wn (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/13 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29 > REJECTED 3/30 (letter date: 3/27)
themitchster (B.A. - 2nd choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29
sandANDsurfGRL (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded > ACCEPTED 3/22 (postmarked 3/17) %
waitinginca (B.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/18 > being reviewed 3/23 > ACCEPTED 3/24 (postmark: 3/23) $
stressedmom6 (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/19# > being reviewed 3/22 > ACCEPTED USC, waiting for SCA (postmark: 3/23)
frankenteen (B.A - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/20 > ACCEPTED 3/24 (postmarked 3/19) %
ladolcevita (B.A. - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED 3/25
Mommager (B.A. - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED (Theatre - 2nd choice) 3/25
wakebrdr051 (B.A. - 2nd choice) - forwarded 3/22 > being reviewed 3/27 > ACCEPTED (SPRING) 3/27
nwfilmstudent (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/23 > ACCEPTED USC (SPRING) 3/29, waiting for SCA
canadakid (B.A. - 2nd choice)</p>

<p>PRODUCTION MAJORS:
corbylynn (B.A. - 1st choice) - forwarded for forever > being reviewed 3/28 > REJECTED 3/30
missymae* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded > being reviewed 3/12 > ACCEPTED 3/18 (postmark: 3/16) %
quwayo* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/15# > ACCEPTED 3/17 (postmark: 3/16) %
losthestory* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/16# > ACCEPTED 3/19 (postmark: 3/16) %
littlered3* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/16# > ACCEPTED 3/18 (postmark: 3/17) %
kookie4koala* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/16 > ACCEPTED 3/17 (postmark: 3/16) %
2014Hope* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/16# > ACCEPTED (assuming)
1991will (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/13 > being reviewed 3/22 > acted on 3/29 > ACCEPTED USC 3/27 (postmark: 3/24), waiting for SCA
dreamupsided0wn (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/13 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29 > REJECTED 3/30 (letter date: 3/27)
themitchster (B.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29
BenjoFilm (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28
Fulfillment (B.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29
Envision (B.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28
erical12 (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/?
shicko* (B.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/18 > being reviewed 3/26 > ACCEPTED 3/29 (postmark: 3/24) ^
**Chlobug2000 (B.A. - 1st choice) - ??? > forwarded 3/before 19
gugger (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded ?/? > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29
newyorkerII (B.A. - 1st choice) - forwarded > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29[b/]
stressedmom6 (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/19# > being reviewed 3/22</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>WRITING MAJORS:
Keely (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED 1/30
Slax1091 (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - forwarded forever
missymae* (B.F.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded > being reviewed 3/12 > ACCEPTED 3/18 (postmark: 3/16) %
Fulfillment (B.F.A. - 2nd choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29
timish412 (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/16# > being reviewed 3/18 > ACCEPTED 3/20 %
pinsandneedles (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - forwarded 3/18 > being reviewed 3/26 > ACCEPTED 3/24 ^
jkain92 (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/26 > being reviewed 3/28
relaxed (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED 3/20
franz (B.F.A - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED 3/22 (postmark: 3/16) %
Eiffel (B.F.A. - 1st choice)
trevmax7 (B.F.A. - 1st choice)
corvin (B.F.A. - 1st choice) [transfer]
wghiller (B.F.A. - 1st choice) [transfer]</p>

<p>ANIMATION MAJORS:
happyfruit (B.A. - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED 1/28
dance4ever (B.A. - 1st choice) - acted on 3/29</p>

<p>INTERACTIVE MEDIA MAJORS:
Flintlock (B.A. - 1st choice) - ??? > forwarded 3/19 > being reviewed 3/26 > ACCEPTED 3/27</p>

<p>:'( :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :(</p>

<p>Dream, I know this doesn’t make it better… But EVERYONE here was rooting for you. You seriously WILL excel wherever you go… USC’s loss.</p>

<p>My only option now is community college… :/</p>

<p>@dream what did u put in ur portfolio?</p>

<p>Dream! WE LOVE YOUUUUU!!!</p>

<p>@dream…:frowning: You’ll do well wherever you go!!!</p>

<p>@dream so sorry u did not get in. did u get in to tisch?</p>

<p>DREAM! ): Don’t forget, you can always appeal…</p>

<p>Yeah I got into Tisch. I can’t afford it though.</p>

<p>Thanks guys. :(</p>

<p>@dream i know i just spoke to you but still so freakin sad:(</p>

<p>@ everyone i just spoke to my intl rep…she said that an email should be going out today or tomorrow (i don’t know if she just mean intls) to tell us an unofficial decision. </p>

<p>also, kinda burst my bubble but to be a successful transfer apparently I could go to ryerson for film but I’d have to work overtime and do a lot of gen eds as well to be a transfer. ■■■.</p>

<p>my dear “dream.” you are a wonderful person and this is really just a very small thing though it seems large now. there are many other good and great options. but the most important thing is who you are and your generosity and you ability to touch people. even so many who have never met you and who know so few specifics about you. it’s your spirit that is beautiful. have no fear. you are going to be fine. to me this is very clear. all you need is to believe in yourself. this blip is insignificant. really.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Thank you so much.</p>

<p>In the last five minutes my PM box has witnessed the rise of a CC parent army. It really means more to me than any college decision.</p>

<p>Dream -keep on dreaming and hoping. There are tears in my eyes for you. You will be an incredible organizer and leader no matter where you go in life. Fight on!</p>

<p>Seriously: if you do decide to appeal, every parent who’s gotten to know you in this weird, disembodied way would let USC know how we feel–Your leadership qualities, humor, empathy… Wouldn’t it be cool if that actually worked?? Please let us know if we can help.</p>

<p>dream: I am so, so very sorry. And all that everyone else wrote, I double it. I hope there is a way to work out Tisch. And, you should consider appealing. You have nothing to lose. :(</p>

<p>At this point I feel like if I didn’t appeal, CC would come to my house and burn me alive… so I guess it’s worth a shot! :D</p>

<p>Well guys, I’m officially heading out to visit my grandparents’. They have a computer but no internet. I might go to the library to post on here and check up on things but if I don’t, I’ll be back within a couple of days. Hope everyone else gets some good news, we need it around here. ;)</p>

<p>Feel free to organize a mass movement with accompanying protests on USC’s campus while I’m gone, just make sure to take pictures and tell me about it when I’m back.</p>

<p>Dream- I have been away from this forum for awhile, and literally cried when I saw your post. You were the organizer, cheerleader and anchor of this random group of strangers. This was the warmest and most supportive thread by far of any on CC. I think I wanted your admission as much as I wanted my own children’s.
You will have success regardless of the road you take. Best of luck to you and all of the others here on this friendly little thread!</p>

<p>hey guys just got my rejection via email (how lovely) ahhaa… GOODLUCK to everyone else. I’m rooting for you guys!</p>