OFFICIAL School of Cinematic Arts 2014 Applicants/Results

<p>15 Production (littlered3, losthestory, shicko)
5 Critical Studies (2 for Spring)
5 Writing (timish412)
3 Interactive Entertainment (Flintlock)
10 Did not specify</p>

<ul>
<li>phone interview

backdoor links work

% SCA letter dated 3/12
$ SCA letter dated 3/19
^ SCA letter dated 3/24</li>
</ul>

<p>Everyone is accepted to their first choice unless otherwise noted.</p>

<p>CRITICAL STUDIES MAJORS:
quwayo* (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/15# > ACCEPTED 3/17 (postmark: 3/16) %
losthestory* (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/16# > ACCEPTED 3/19 (postmark: 3/16) %
1991will (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/13 > being reviewed 3/22 > acted on 3/29 > ACCEPTED USC 3/27 (postmark: 3/24), waiting for SCA
dreamupsided0wn (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/13 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29
themitchster (B.A. - 2nd choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29
sandANDsurfGRL (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded > ACCEPTED 3/22 (postmarked 3/17) %
waitinginca (B.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/18 > being reviewed 3/23 > ACCEPTED 3/24 (postmark: 3/23) $
stressedmom6 (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/19# > being reviewed 3/22 > ACCEPTED USC, waiting for SCA (postmark: 3/23)
frankenteen (B.A - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/20 > ACCEPTED 3/24 (postmarked 3/19) %
ladolcevita (B.A. - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED 3/25
Mommager (B.A. - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED (Theatre - 2nd choice) 3/25
wakebrdr051 (B.A. - 2nd choice) - forwarded 3/22 > being reviewed 3/27 > ACCEPTED (SPRING) 3/27
nwfilmstudent (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/23 > ACCEPTED USC (SPRING) 3/29, Critical Studies
canadakid (B.A. - 2nd choice)</p>

<p>PRODUCTION MAJORS:
corbylynn (B.A. - 1st choice) - forwarded for forever > being reviewed 3/28 > REJECTED 3/30
missymae* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded > being reviewed 3/12 > ACCEPTED 3/18 (postmark: 3/16) %
quwayo* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/15# > ACCEPTED 3/17 (postmark: 3/16) %
losthestory* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/16# > ACCEPTED 3/19 (postmark: 3/16) %
littlered3* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/16# > ACCEPTED 3/18 (postmark: 3/17) %
kookie4koala* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/16 > ACCEPTED 3/17 (postmark: 3/16) %
2014Hope* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/16# > ACCEPTED (assuming)
1991will (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/13 > being reviewed 3/22 > acted on 3/29 > ACCEPTED USC 3/27 (postmark: 3/24), waiting for SCA
dreamupsided0wn (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/13 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29
themitchster (B.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29
BenjoFilm (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28
Fulfillment (B.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29
Envision (B.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28
erical12 (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/?
shicko* (B.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/18 > being reviewed 3/26 > ACCEPTED 3/29 (postmark: 3/24) ^
**Chlobug2000 (B.A. - 1st choice) - ??? > forwarded 3/before 19
gugger (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded ?/? > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29
newyorkerII (B.A. - 1st choice) - forwarded > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29[b/]
stressedmom6 (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/19# > being reviewed 3/22</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>WRITING MAJORS:
Keely (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED 1/30
Slax1091 (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - forwarded forever
missymae* (B.F.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded > being reviewed 3/12 > ACCEPTED 3/18 (postmark: 3/16) %
Fulfillment (B.F.A. - 2nd choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29
timish412 (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/16# > being reviewed 3/18 > ACCEPTED 3/20 %
pinsandneedles (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - forwarded 3/18 > being reviewed 3/26 > ACCEPTED 3/24 ^
jkain92 (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/26 > being reviewed 3/28
relaxed (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED 3/20
franz (B.F.A - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED 3/22 (postmark: 3/16) %
Eiffel (B.F.A. - 1st choice)
trevmax7 (B.F.A. - 1st choice)
corvin (B.F.A. - 1st choice) [transfer]
wghiller (B.F.A. - 1st choice) [transfer]</p>

<p>ANIMATION MAJORS:
happyfruit (B.A. - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED 1/28
dance4ever (B.A. - 1st choice) - acted on 3/29</p>

<p>INTERACTIVE MEDIA MAJORS:
Flintlock (B.A. - 1st choice) - ??? > forwarded 3/19 > being reviewed 3/26 > ACCEPTED 3/27</p>

<p>everybody: I was accepted to Critical Studies. I hope to transfer into Production once there. I hope people get some good news over the next couple of days. I am so sad about dream. I hope she can work out something with NYU. We have bailed out billions to these fricken banks and AIG and cars etc, why not spend billions on our EDUCATION!!!</p>

<p>if you still have not gotten anything from USC does that mean you are out of the running for SCA since they sent all there letters to freshman today?</p>

<p>I received the rejection letter yesterday. I guess I’ll have to settle on CSULB or UCSD…
Anyone know if Columbia College Chicago is any good? I think the deadline to apply is May 1, which is kinda weird.</p>

<p>“dream” - you have been an inspiration to thousands. I hope that someday you will really know the influence that your uplifting words, determination, and humor brought to this one thread. You actually had people from all over the world checking every day to see what was going on with “your group”. Good luck in your future endeavors - you’ll do great things wherever you are.</p>

<p>Yes, I have been watching and reading all the updates too. And Dream has done a superior job with providing 411 and various suggestions for this Journey.<br>
I don’t know the location of all the people checking in daily.<br>
But we could share our regions for DREAM to hear our gratitude.
I’m here in Penna.</p>

<p>CSULB has a good program. You can really make a name for yourself. The campus is fantastic. Price is right in your from CA. Call and talk to people in the film dept. I did and if you can visit - Then GO, our family did. Remember: E.T.s creator went there… right:)</p>

<p>Dream may be going through the same as Spielberg…</p>

<p>Just received a thin letter in the mail. Waiting for my daughter get home from school. Not hopeful, now. Any suggestions for appeals?</p>

<p>I just got my acceptance package in the mail, and it listed my major as Broadcast Journalism. I think this means I got rejected by SCA. </p>

<p>Now I have to choose between the Notre Dame film program (haha i know…) and USC Broadcast Journalism. Hm.</p>

<p>my brother’s friend’s sister got into journalism, which was her first choice, and transferred to SCA after a year. she does documentaries.</p>

<p>Denial :(</p>

<p>so if i have gotten anything from sc yet i am guessing i did not get into SCA right?</p>

<p>@Envision - my friend went to Columbia College Chicago for a semester and he didn’t like it. He said it was basically a community college for the price of a private school. He also said the coursework was incredibly easy (for his Calculus class, he had to write a short story…).</p>

<p>@Slaz1091 - Maybe your mail is running slow??</p>

<p>@dance4ever - Aww. :frowning: I hope breaking the news goes okay… I thought I would be absolutely devastated about it but I’m really not. I’m actually kind of okay with it. She’ll come to terms with it, and remind her that she can always transfer.</p>

<p>@un0dostrace - Go for SC. You can ALWAYS transfer. And, coming from a fellow Chicagoan, there is no reason you need to experience a -30 degree windchill in your life ever again. ;)</p>

<p>@everyone - wow… I didn’t realize how many people were reading this thread. Thanks for your support, guys. It seriously means so much! I came back from my grandparents’ and had 10 PMs and a thread!</p>

<p>I’m sorry that some of you guys aren’t getting acceptances. :frowning: But always remember that Spielberg didn’t get in either. Even if you’re rejected, you’re still part of the Trojan family here. ;)</p>

<p>@gugger I know you live on the east coast. Did you get a letter today?</p>

<p>@Dream. You are a really wonderful girl. I’m glad everyone here is making sure you know that.
My D apparently got rejected from SCA when she was admitted undeclared. She’s surprisingly ok about it. It is definitely possible to transfer if you want it badly enough. Thanks so much.</p>

<p>Something ocurred to me - one of the most important things in the film industry is the connections you make. Maybe this thread was a way of bringing together students who will be going to different schools across the continent - you have a ready-made network. In a few years the “CC Production Company” might be putting out all the blockbusters (only to finance their artsy-indy films, of course).</p>

<p>@ny</p>

<p>I did not… >:|</p>

<p>The stories on this thread could also be the beginning of a great script. There is a wonderful Japanese film,“Train Man” with a very similar story about a young man whose online friends give him the strength to find love.</p>

<p>@alamemom - I was just thinking that!! I’ve become facebook friends with some of the people in this thread and I feel like I should extend the offer again. Seriously, if you guys want to ever talk about anything… you KNOW I love talking to people. :D</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.facebook.com/olgski[/url]”>www.facebook.com/olgski</a></p>