<p>Its a white piece of paper from the admissions office. Important stuff:</p>
<p>Term: Fall 2010
Major: Writing for Screen and Television
Class Level: Freshman
School: School of Cinematic Arts
Degree objective: Bachelor of Fine Arts
Pre-professional emphasis: None</p>
<p>And then it says “You have been admitted to the major noted above.”</p>
<p>Then some more info, conditions of admissions, etc.</p>
<p>Interesting update for me today - nothing in the mail, but on the USConnect website the enrollment deposit and event RSVP boxes have appeared, which makes me hopeful for good news. Also, on the RSVP event page I have two events, and one of them is specifically for spring admits, which leads me to believe that I <em>may</em> be a spring admit. Oh, I’m nervous now.
For those who aren’t spring admits, does the spring admit info session come up under your events?</p>
<p>Rejected Today. Off to NYU though. Thank you to everyone, and sincere good luck, if all else fails like someone said before,lets congregate in say 5 years and start a CC production company. We’ll be bigger than Lionsgate, Dreamworks, you name it and lets use these connections for years. No matter our school if any of us strikes it big hire a fellow CCer as a writer, producer, or director, so on…we’'ll take over the business!</p>
<p>I called this morning since I had previously gotten an e-mail that told me to call if I hadn’t heard by April 1st. The woman at the main admissions office told me she didn’t think I had been accepted…</p>
<p>But then! I called SCA and I’m admitted to Production for the Spring - however, since I was admitted earlier undeclared in the fall, I will still get to go to USC in the fall, do some GEs first semester and join SCA spring semester. I’m so grateful!</p>
<p>wow…still some positive news: @Franz…congrats to getting in to the writing program. Sounds like from previous posts everyone will still get a letter from SCA… @lostspaz18…wow…sounds like you will get in for Spring. You will have to let us know if your spring admit includes SCA or is CLAS (or something else) @anonymityftw…your’s is the most interesting…got in to USC for fall but spring admit to SCA…WOW lucky you! I think there are bumps every year for SCA Spring admits to fall and you seem to be a perfect bump because they won’t have to work with admissions to bump you in to USC…it is also cool because you were one of the first to know about USC…back in January…and one of the last to know about SCA…sure will give hope to next year’s class!</p>
<p>Thanks nyorca! I got in March 22nd if memory serves correct so was just a bit anxious to receive anything from SCA. But got a letter today asking me to confirm my spot by April 21st.</p>
<p>^Franz, same here. I wasn’t expecting a separate letter, and then this came directly from SCA (handsigned, I think!) with a confirmation sheet and basic course schedule for BFA major classes. Pretty neat.</p>
<p>Are you excited about our lack of math and foreign language classes needed for the BFA?!?!</p>
<p>It was! Initially was expecting a really elaborate, fancy brochure or something. When I saw the small SCA letter I was really worried at first thinking I misread my letter from USC about the major I was admitted. But 'tis all good now :D</p>
<p>I am thrilled! I’m taking AP Calc now and nothing seems to make sense so I’ll be glad my foray into mathematics will end in May haha.</p>
<p>Haha, I took AP Stats last year (I did pretty well, but still math, ugh) and this year when I proclaimed to my counselor I wasn’t taking math or science this year, she looked like I’d announced that I wanted to gnaw on her elbow. I told her I would still take a rigorous schedule, and it’s all good now, obviously.</p>
<p>@anonymity, that is strange but congrats are in order!</p>
<p>@dream You have the greatest character. Even after being rejected to USC, you continue to post on here and offer your support and humor. You are truly a better person than most (including me). Definitely appeal—you got into NYU, so obviously you have the skill, smarts and ambition. Good luck! :)</p>
<p>I wasn’t brave enough to let go of the dreaded math/science completely. I do the IB Program and selected Bio as a higher level subject. I suck. May is going to be fun. A month with nothing but IB exams. :(</p>
<p>I second your positive thoughts about dream. Its USC’s loss.</p>
<p>@nyorca - it really is a weird situation, but I am 100% grateful for the strange combination of results. And HOPEFULLY I will be bumped up to fall, but regardless, I get to go to SCA! Do you have any idea how people are notified if they are moved to fall admission?</p>
<p>@timish - thanks yeah, it is really weird… I hope the woman I spoke to was looking at the right result!</p>
<p>Oh jesus, math and science are awful. I’ve already fulfilled my school’s requirements for both but I decided to take two extra years of math and one extra year of science because I didn’t want my schedule to look easy. Physics is honestly the worst thing that has ever happened. Ever.</p>