OFFICIAL School of Cinematic Arts 2014 Applicants/Results

<p>updating production based on posts in various threads</p>

<ul>
<li>phone interview

backdoor links work

% SCA letter dated 3/12
$ SCA letter dated 3/19
^ SCA letter dated 3/24</li>
</ul>

<p>Everyone is accepted to their first choice unless otherwise noted.</p>

<p>CRITICAL STUDIES MAJORS:
quwayo* (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/15# > ACCEPTED 3/17 (postmark: 3/16) %
losthestory* (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/16# > ACCEPTED 3/19 (postmark: 3/16) %
1991will (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/13 > being reviewed 3/22 > acted on 3/29 > ACCEPTED USC 3/27 (postmark: 3/24), waiting for SCA
dreamupsided0wn (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/13 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29 > REJECTED (letter dated 3/27)
themitchster (B.A. - 2nd choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29 > REJECTED
sandANDsurfGRL (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded > ACCEPTED 3/22 (postmarked 3/17) %
waitinginca (B.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/18 > being reviewed 3/23 > ACCEPTED 3/24 (postmark: 3/23) $
stressedmom6 (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/19# > being reviewed 3/22 > ACCEPTED USC, waiting for SCA (postmark: 3/23)
frankenteen (B.A - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/20 > ACCEPTED 3/24 (postmarked 3/19) %
ladolcevita (B.A. - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED 3/25
Mommager (B.A. - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED (Theatre - 2nd choice) 3/25
wakebrdr051 (B.A. - 2nd choice) - forwarded 3/22 > being reviewed 3/27 > ACCEPTED (SPRING) 3/27
nwfilmstudent (B.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/23 > ACCEPTED USC (SPRING) 3/29
canadakid (B.A. - 2nd choice)</p>

<p>PRODUCTION MAJORS:
corbylynn (B.A. - 1st choice) - forwarded for forever > being reviewed 3/28 > REJECTED 3/30
missymae* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded > being reviewed 3/12 > ACCEPTED 3/18 (postmark: 3/16) %
quwayo* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/15# > ACCEPTED 3/17 (postmark: 3/16) %
losthestory* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/16# > ACCEPTED 3/19 (postmark: 3/16) %
littlered3* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/16# > ACCEPTED 3/18 (postmark: 3/17) %
kookie4koala* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/16 > ACCEPTED 3/17 (postmark: 3/16) %
2014Hope* (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/12 > being reviewed 3/16# > ACCEPTED (assuming)
1991will (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/13 > being reviewed 3/22 > acted on 3/29 > ACCEPTED USC 3/27 (postmark: 3/24), waiting for SCA
dreamupsided0wn (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/13 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29 > REJECTED (letter dated 3/27)
themitchster (B.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29 > REJECTED
BenjoFilm (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28 > REJECTED
Fulfillment (B.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29 > REJECTED
Envision (B.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28
erical12 (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/?
shicko* (B.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/18 > being reviewed 3/26 > ACCEPTED 3/29 (postmark: 3/24) ^
**Chlobug2000 (B.A. - 1st choice) - ??? > forwarded 3/before 19
gugger (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded ?/? > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29 > REJECTED
newyorkerII (B.A. - 1st choice) - forwarded > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29[b/]
stressedmom6 (B.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/19# > being reviewed 3/22</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>WRITING MAJORS:
Keely (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED 1/30
Slax1091 (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - forwarded forever
missymae* (B.F.A. - 2nd choice) - fall grades > forwarded > being reviewed 3/12 > ACCEPTED 3/18 (postmark: 3/16) %
Fulfillment (B.F.A. - 2nd choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/15 > being reviewed 3/28 > acted on 3/29 > REJECTED
timish412 (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - fall grades > forwarded 3/16# > being reviewed 3/18 > ACCEPTED 3/20 %
pinsandneedles (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - forwarded 3/18 > being reviewed 3/26 > ACCEPTED 3/24 ^
jkain92 (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - being reviewed > forwarded 3/26 > being reviewed 3/28 > REJECTED 4/1
relaxed (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED 3/20
franz (B.F.A - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED 3/22 (postmark: 3/16) %
Eiffel (B.F.A. - 1st choice) - REJECTED
trevmax7 (B.F.A. - 1st choice)
corvin (B.F.A. - 1st choice) [transfer]
wghiller (B.F.A. - 1st choice) [transfer]</p>

<p>ANIMATION MAJORS:
happyfruit (B.A. - 1st choice) - ACCEPTED 1/28
dance4ever (B.A. - 1st choice) - acted on 3/29</p>

<p>INTERACTIVE MEDIA MAJORS:
Flintlock (B.A. - 1st choice) - ??? > forwarded 3/19 > being reviewed 3/26 > ACCEPTED 3/27</p>

<p>I’m still crazy jealous of the new animation students coming in getting to use the new building…</p>

<p>While me and all the other animation students are stuck on the basement of that one stage that we call the dungeon. DANG THE NEW SHINY GEORGE LUCAS ANIMATION BUILDING! GAHH</p>

<p>Just out of curiosity (in case any other people who got rejected are still reading this)… any other SCAers appealing?</p>

<p>uy: Why are you not going to be able to use the NEW SHINY GLAB? I am not coming in as animation, but will be in SCA? Just curious.</p>

<p>does anyone know how many scholarships sca gives out once you are in the program//how likely is it to get one starting spring semester frosh year and on?</p>

<p>I think scholarships are for all four years.</p>

<p>nw- I’m graduating, the building will open next fall. It’s SCA, and the building is for animation but I don’t know, they might let other classes in there too…</p>

<p>Hi there,
I have been an viewer of CC for quite some time and finally decided to make an account. As the title of this thread says, I am a current USC student (Sophomore) who was admitted under LAS and is currently undeclared. From the beginning, my intentions have been to attend the USC School of Cinematic Arts for Film Production. I submitted my app back in January and was told that I won’t be hearing from SCA until the end of May/beginning of June, due to the fact that I am “transferring” departments. My question is the following: What are my chances of getting into the program? I know that SCA is extremely competitive, but I have a pretty solid portfolio; not to mention I attended the USC Film Summer Program this past summer and was selected as one of the top films in my Directing Intensive class. I transferred into USC and currently have a 3.7, in case anyone was curious. My letters of rec were from the Assistant Director of CSI:NY, the founder of an trailer editing company (most recent trailer was “The Book of Eli”) and the Actor I had worked with on my Summer program film, along with a previous teacher. So, what’s the verdict? Do you guys and gals think I have a shot at this? I could post my visual sample on here as well, in case anyone wants to see my abilities (or lack there of :stuck_out_tongue: ).</p>

<p>I’ll totally look at your visual sample and your written ones, if you’d like. Just PM me or something.</p>

<p>Hi! I just joined CC today as I found this thread through google lol.
I got into Animation major and I got he acceptance letter around March 9th I think saying I got into SCA and the advisement sheet stuff around march 29th.
Congratulations to all who got in ! :D</p>

<p>this thread is so long lol I tried to read all the posts but gave up around page twenty seven haha</p>

<p>I’m still hoping to hit page 100. :p</p>

<p>Page. 100. People. Come on! :)</p>

<p>We’re almost there. And I’m almost at 1000 posts, daaang. ;)</p>

<p>Helpingggggggg ;)</p>

<p>Hey guys. You know what turns me on? The number 100.</p>

<p>100.</p>

<ol>
<li>0. 0.</li>
</ol>

<p>So to keep this gong to page 100, pick your favorite movie from each of the past five decades. @dream. Why don’t you start.</p>

<p>IT’S COOL, I’LL START:</p>

<p>1960s - Dr. Strangelove
1970s - The Godfather Part II
1980s - Raging Bull
1990s - American History X
2000s - The Lives of Others</p>

<p>This is going to be really hard… I’m going to add one more decade because I want the world to know how much I love Marlon Brando.</p>

<p>1950s - On the Waterfront
1960s - As far as cinematic achievement, I’d say Sergio Leone’s Dollars trilogy… as far as pure awesomeness, The Graduate.
1970s - A Clockwork Orange… haven’t seen the entire Godfather trilogy so I don’t think I’m qualified to include it. :wink:
1980s - I can’t think of any serious 80s movies right now, so I suppose I’ll throw out Risky Business or Heathers.
1990s - Hard to say! So many good gangster movies came out at this time (The Usual Suspects, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction…) I also considered Fight Club and I love American Beauty but I think I’ll go with The Shawshank Redemption. Is that okay? Haha.
2000s - The Lives of Others (all-time favorite!)</p>

<p>since you are looking for posts, I will use this to say goodbye to the USC thread, which D and I have been following for the last two years. She was rejected to USC marshall, her dream school, but accepted at her second choice, so is moving on.</p>

<p>What hurt the most is that she attends an all girl school that is the most rigorous in our state, and only two girls were accepted to USC fall, one for spring. The spring admit was a friend with a 4.2 gpa, 32 act, class president twice, 2 varsity sports and great letters and recs. Some of those rejected were accepted at Brown, WUSL and U Chicago. </p>

<p>Meanwhile, at the good but nowhere near as rigorous public school down the street, 11 students were accepted. It apparently has better connections to USC than ours.<br>
So, USC adcoms- if you ever read these, Please go beyond your comfort zone in relationships with high schools. Future USC hopefuls, check the acceptance rate for your school. If it is low, transfer- the sooner the better!</p>

<p>Adding to the post count for dream’s 100 pg dream, I just wanted to take a moment to congratulate merryecho’s D on having an excellent school choice, even if Marshall messed up (they really should have admitted her, of course). It’s been hard to see our favorite posters get bad news from USC. :frowning: But even though it’s unsettling to miss out on a first choice school, there are very happy outcomes as life’s path leads in mysterious directions.</p>

<p>Best of luck, merryecho. Hope you visit us again here.</p>