OFFICIAL School of Cinematic Arts 2014 Applicants/Results

<p>I am the parent of a newly accepted interactive entertainment major for the fall. Still waiting on financial aid to see if we can afford to send him. May be downsizing my home soon! :slight_smile: I have enjoyed reading this thread but just came across it yesterday. Thanks for all your stories. </p>

<p>I just see one new undergrad IE major on here; were there more?</p>

<p>^^ Congrats julieannie! </p>

<p>I was actually wondering if any of you could recommend a decent “consumer” camera, that’s reasonably priced and has decent picture quality. I’ve been working off my school’s Camera for the past 3 years so Now I need something to make movies for my Freshman and Sophmore years here.</p>

<p>Welcome Julieannie. Congratulations to your son. My son is an SCA IMD major (Interactive Media Department)–class of 2012. SCA accepted only 11 students to the Interactive major for his freshman class, so it’s generally a very small group. There may not be many more of this year’s IMDers on cc. If you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them. :)</p>

<p>Corvin & Swatdojo(and any other transfers!):</p>

<p>Have you guys got any updates?</p>

<p>@wghiller </p>

<p>no new updates yet… been checkin my status everyday though, so ill know when something does change! did you get the update to the “we are currently reviewing…sometimes we require… june 1st” status? from the transfer thread it looks like people are still getting that update so it seems like USC is still going through the 1st check on a bunch of applications right now</p>

<p>Are we at 100 yet? NO MONEY for me from USC. The offered me a “loan” but unsecured which means that interest starts as soon as you use it.</p>

<p>You just made the first post on the 100th page. SUCCESS!</p>

<p>Wahoooooooooooooooooooo</p>

<p>Dream: I posted something to you on another post, but can’t remember what post LOLOL.Oh, its the post about appeals!</p>

<p>I saw that. I’m glad they notify people so early too. :slight_smile: Let us know how everything goes.</p>

<p>Also… this is my 1000th post. GREAT success.</p>

<p>@swat- Yeah, I have the June 1st update now. Waiting for something more!</p>

<p>Does anyone have the slightest clue when transfer students to SCA hear back? And as I understand it from the thread, people get acceptances to USC and still don’t know from SCA…BOOO!</p>

<p>Makemydreams–I’m also a transfer student who I applied to SCA. From what they told me, we won’t hear back until aroune June 1st–when all other transfers hear back.</p>

<p>Okay thanks!</p>

<p>Thanks madbean! Are you from Cali? Believe it or not, we didn’t know how selective the interactive entertainment program was until reading this thread; maybe that was a good thing. Your comments have been very helpful. Still waiting to hear on financial aid after havingto correct my FAFSA filing and then uploading all my financial statements straight to the USC FAO. We’ll see…</p>

<p>Yep, we’re SoCal. Great kids in USC IMD and lots of fun opportunities all the time. My son was at some kind of gaming event sponsored by Google yesterday–sort of a recruitment perk–and 10 teams were entered. USC was there, as well as Cal Tech and others. The winning teams got some very cool schwag items. The first place team won Google phones. </p>

<p>Good luck with FinAid.</p>

<p>Thanks, and that does sound very cool.</p>

<p>I’m bumping this thread because it brings joy to the USC forum. ;)</p>

<p>Any updates (status or otherwise) for transfers? I’m pulling for all of you.</p>

<p>I forgot about this forum!!! Any transfers got an accept? </p>

<p>BTW</p>

<p>I am status 1 applied for Writing.</p>

<p>Hey, I haven’t posted on CC for so long because I’ve been busy with work! I’m a transfer applicant to Production and I haven’t even received a status update yet!</p>