<p>Thanks so much guys! I really hope it’s good news for everyone!</p>
<p>Hey guys I have been fallowing for about a week now and just signed up. Im a hopeful trans from washington (state) to Film pro at USC and I havent heard anything yet from USC or SCA but my status is Your application has been forwarded for committee review… and I dont know how long it has been that way.</p>
<p>Basically just wondering the same thing as everyone else. If any transfers have been accepted?</p>
<p>hey welcome to the forums!</p>
<p>if you want to follow the USC transfer thread, it’s pretty active and there are a few SCA applicants posting there (such as myself):</p>
<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/transfer-students/743892-usc-2010-transfer-thread-556.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/transfer-students/743892-usc-2010-transfer-thread-556.html</a></p>
<p>I just put a theory up on that thread and ill post it here too. keep in mind, its just a thory</p>
<p>"im gonna put a theory out there for all the SCA applicants that will hopefully bring some peace of mind.</p>
<p>If you were SCA, you wouldn’t necessarily want to go out and fill all the transfer slots BEFORE everyone’s applications have had a chance to be looked at.</p>
<p>With this in mind, and with the recent ‘acted on’ status of sirownzalot who applied for Interactive Ent. (congratz by the way! I have a feeling itll be good news!), I have a theory that SCA will be sending out Acceptances/Rejections BY PROGRAM over the next week. If my theory is at least partially true, it would seem Interactive Entertainment was the first to go out. And as production and writing usually have the most applications sent in, i would imagine those would be the last 2 to go out.</p>
<p>As for the status changes, it would probably be safe to assume that while SCA goes through the applications, they would send main admissions recommended acceptances as they come across them. This would allow main campus to have already reviewed some of the recommended acceptances by the time SCA is completely done reviewing. Then, after all the apps have been reviewed, its possible that SCA would call main campus and finalize the list of recommended acceptances for a given program, at which point packets and letters would be sent out.</p>
<p>This is just a theory, but so far it seems to fit with what everyone (including info ive gotten from calling myself) has been hearing from the 2 admission offices and might act as a possible explanation for long held usconnect statuses that have also in the past still lead to an acceptance packet. If your status hasn’t changed, dont worry! they probably haven’t reviewed your app yet and will most likely get to it this week!"</p>
<p>Oh yea I switched over and that is a great theory.</p>
<p>woo, almost there! good luck guys. :)</p>
<p>Status acted upon and backdoor works for me!</p>
<p>Now I’m just waiting to see if I got into Screenwriting or Creative Writing. I’ll be happy with either :)–Screenwriting would be amazing, but Creative Writing would only be 2 years(instead of 4) and I could still minor in Screenwriting.</p>
<p>(sorry for being random but I figured since everyone here has applied you all should know)</p>
<p>I’m about to start an out of state cc this fall.</p>
<p>Should I enroll in the A.A transfer degree program or the A.F.A?</p>
<p>I want to apply to usc cinema for the junior year.</p>
<p>The two programs are similar except the A.A is almost doubled. 2 science classes, 4 social behavior classes etc.</p>
<p>I’m really confused and I don’t want to take double the classes because it cuts out a lot of elects I want to take and would look good in my portfolio. (drawing, photography, creative writing, etc.)</p>
<p>Also should I take three language classes in the course of 2 years as well? Will it really benefit me or should I only take 2?</p>
<p>I received my admittance package today. No luck with SCA, but I was accepted into Creative Writing. I’m happy :)</p>
<p>Good luck to all you other Screenwriting applicants. Definitely keep me posted–I’m interested to see how many transfers get accepted. With 26 people each year and most of them being incoming freshman, the deck really seems stacked against us. I still plan on minoring in screenwriting, and possibly trying to transfer into Critical Studies.</p>
<p>congrats wghiller! are you for sure going?</p>
<p>wghiller, my daughter is minoring in Cinematic Arts, and it is GREAT. It is so flexible. You pick the courses you want to take and that you feel will most benefit you. (There is also a specific Screenwriting minor, but it has several required courses - still great, but not quite as flexible.) All the resources of the SCA are available to you. And a Creative Writing major will be a perfect combination! CONGRATULATIONS!</p>
<p>dream, HI! How is the end of your senior year going? When do you register for Fall classes? You WILL be applying to transfer in January (and every January until you are admitted), right???</p>
<p>@Dream- I believe so! 99% sure, as long as something crazy doesn’t happen. </p>
<p>@ANotLameMom- Thank you!! That is really refreshing to hear! I didn’t know there was a general cinematic arts minor. I’m going to discuss it with a guidance counselor once I get that opportunity, hopefully soon!</p>
<p>Hi everyone! To those that have received good news so far, CONGRATS! My status was FINALLY changed to “forwarded for committee review” on Saturday (strange, I know) and now, it’s still stuck on that. I’ve been spending the past two weeks up till 4am. Think I’m about to get a panic attack. WHEN WILL THE NIGHTMARE END?!</p>
<p>Okay, seriously. Does anyone know if there’s a possibility we’ll find out after the June 1st deadline? I’ve been checking the posts from past years and it seems like everyone found out in April. Correct me if I’m wrong.</p>
<p>ANYWAY, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!</p>
<p>@alamemom - yes! of course. I haven’t decided what community college I’m going to though. welp, I’ll figure it out before this week is over.</p>
<p>whgiller - info about the minors to help with your counseling session:</p>
<p>The Minor in Cinematic Arts:
20 units
1 required 4 unit course:
- either CTCS 190 or CTCS 191 Intro to Cinema or Television
8 units from a long list (more than 20 classes to choose from) of options
8 units of SCA classes - your choice CTCS, CTWR, CNTV, CTAN, CTIN, CTPR
To be admitted to the minor you go to the SCA office and fill out the form.
[USC</a> School of Cinematic Arts - Prospective Students Minor Degrees and Additional Programs Minor Degrees Cinematic Arts](<a href=“http://cinema.usc.edu/prospective/other/minors/cinematic-arts.htm]USC”>http://cinema.usc.edu/prospective/other/minors/cinematic-arts.htm)</p>
<p>The Minor in Screenwriting:
16 units
Required courses (8 units):
CTWR 412 Introduction to Screenwriting 2 units
CTWR 321 Introduction to Dramatic TV 2 units
CTWR 415a Advanced Writing (pre-req: CTWR 412) 2 units
CTWR 416 Motion Picture Script Analysis 2 units
8 additional units from a list of 11 CTWR courses
To be admitted to the Screenwriting minor you must have taken CTWR 412 and received a “B” or better, get a signature on the minor declaration from your CTWR 412 instructor and file the form with the SCA office.
[USC</a> School of Cinematic Arts - Prospective Students Minor Degrees and Additional Programs Minor Degrees Screenwriting](<a href=“http://cinema.usc.edu/prospective/other/minors/screenwriting.htm]USC”>http://cinema.usc.edu/prospective/other/minors/screenwriting.htm)</p>
<p>GOOD LUCK!</p>
<p>@alamemom- Thank you so much for the link. I am excited to see that the TV/Film Symposium classes are included for the minor–those classes look AMAZING. I wonder if I can take them both?(CTCS 466 and CTCS 467)</p>
<p>It also says “Plus eight additional units of Cinematic Arts electives.”</p>
<p>Any idea what those are? Do classes on the list above that blurb count as electives?</p>
<p>Also @alamemom- Dumb question of the day: is it possible to double minor in Cinematic Arts AND screenwriting? lol.</p>
<p>YES, you can take them both, and both CTCS 466 and 467 count as electives - my daughter had 467 this semester and she loved it - you would not believe the people who come in for panels.</p>
<p>The eight additional units can be more from the first list on the minor page or any of the SCA classes in CTCS-Critical Studies, CTWR-Screenwriting, CNTV-Television, CTAN-Animation, CTIN-Interactive Media, CTPR-Production.</p>
<p>The catalog lists all the offerings [USC</a> Catalogue: The Schools: USC School of Cinematic Arts: Courses of Instruction](<a href=“http://www.usc.edu/dept/publications/cat2009/schools/cinema/courses.html]USC”>http://www.usc.edu/dept/publications/cat2009/schools/cinema/courses.html) Go to “Courses of Instruction” on the left and click on the different areas to see them all.</p>
<p>To see what is being offered Fall 2010 look at the schedule of courses under “Cinematic Arts” [Fall</a> 2010 | Schedule of Classes](<a href=“http://web-app.usc.edu/soc/term_20103.html]Fall”>302 Found)</p>
<p>And YES, you could do both minors - the hitch is that there are a certain number of units that can only be counted for ONE minor and not the other - in other words, each minor must have unique units. I think it is 16 units for the Cinematic Arts minor… I’ll check and let you know. While it would be lots of fun to take MORE classes, you just might not be able to fit them all in!</p>
<p>@alamemom- Definitely let me know, and that’s what I was thinking–I’d love to do both but like you said, it might not be possible with the number of general classes I need to meet my primary major(creative writing.) Even though maybe I’ll try and transfer after a semester or two into critical studies. I really want to take advantage of SCA!</p>
<p>Just checked - the Cinematic Arts minor must have 16 units unique to the minor (which is MOST of the minor…) so it seems only one course might double-count. I don’t know how many units of the Screenwriting minor must be unique - the only place I found that tidbit was on the STARS degree progress report, and my daughter doesn’t have one for Screenwriting.</p>
<p>Thanks. I’ll check with a guidance counselor, whenever I get the opportunity to do that. I’m assuming my class counselor will be informed enough to also guide me in the write(OHHH, snap) direction for screenwriting/cinematic arts minor. Hopefully I’ll get to speak with someone soon. I submitted my enrollment deposit and everything–now I’m just waiting to hear from somebody.</p>