<p>Where are you coming from UNCC?</p>
<p>I take it you’re from out of state. UNCC: Univ…NC…at Charlotte. It’s a descent university in NC [(Top 2 (NC) in Physics, 1st --by faculty-- in Math, Great Engineering, Best ( I believe in the South) Religious Studies], and the Math program, from which I’m applying, is probably the best in the state, if not in the south. Sadly, we have a weaker student population, which leads to lowered teaching levels and a true shame of a situation.</p>
<p>To add to my indignation, here are my stats:</p>
<p>Major: Mathematics
Minor: (adding) English, Slavic Studies
University GPA 4.0
High School GPA: Interesting
Current University: UNCC
Applying as: Junior Transfer</p>
<p>Activities:
Section Editor of School Newspapr
Math Tutor
Olympiad Delegate
Took a bunch of graduate English courses
Various Societies, etc.
(bunch of random stuff)</p>
<p>I’ll be busy with work for a majority of tomorrow, but I’ll log after 4 and check. Most of my buddies have received word, while I have not…This isn’t helping my focus :)</p>
<p>funny, i’m coming from UNCC as well.</p>
<p>accepted to UNC as a junior, triple majoring in english, international studies, and russian.</p>
<p>but, i’m still waiting on my dream schools… and the anticipation is giving me an ulcer.</p>
<p>and i’m pretty damn sure the kid who posted above me is benny. haha</p>
<p>“Hello Sachmoney,
My first pass, looking at your classes indicates that you would still need Engl 102, Econ 310 or 410, and Econ 320 or 420. To receive transfer credit for your financial and managerial accounting, and for your corporate finance class, you would need to submit your syllabi to Mrs. Wical in our office for approval. Also, for a university graduation requirement, you would be required to take Span 203 (third level). All those classes could be taken in your first semester at UNC as you apply to our undergraduate business program. I hope that this is helpful as you consider transfer to UNC Chapel Hill. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Dr. May”</p>
<p>Absolutely ridiculous. I’d be more angry if I hadn’t already decided on Michigan. :)</p>
<p>sachmoney, so u decide to go to Umich?wow…
i guess im going to attend unc. they told me that 50 out of my total 60cres can be transferred.</p>
<p>how does one find out how many credits will transfer (specifically).
should i give them a call?</p>
<p>I emailed <a href=“mailto:lee_may@unc.edu”>lee_may@unc.edu</a></p>
<p>I’ve taken intermediate macro and am in the process of taking intermediate micro. It’s stupid. The hassle of having to find my syllabi from semesters past. I mean that’s not as big a deal, but I’m just a little ticked off. I decided on Michigan before this because to me, the in state out of state issue is very big. I am not that happy about the way things turned out with UNC, but I’m pretty happy about Michigan. I still have to wait on other schools though…it’s going to be after the response dead line…sigh.</p>
<p>you can find your transfer credits online-
sign on to student central
click on “Graduation Requirements Advising System”
then click on “Transfer Credit Detail”</p>
<p>Accepted! (Computer glitches caused my status to be updated only today)</p>
<p>congrats :)</p>
<p>has anyone received a financial aid package yet</p>
<p>For the majority of us, the FA packages aren’t determined until early (as in first week of) May.</p>
<p>Well I’m sure they’ll give me pretty much the same financial aid package as my current university did for this year (which btw is NC State).</p>
<p>i wonder how much i’ll get…
either way, it’s a cheap education.
and i work for BofA which reimburses up to $5250 in tuition per year for undergrads. sweet deal.</p>
<p>anyone else not see “Graduation Requirements Advising System” on their student central?</p>
<p>Resurrecting an ancient thread…but does anyone have the stats/acceptance rate on out-of-state transfers?
I’m a CA resident, went to Tufts for 2 years (3.6, IR major) and just want to find out if my stats even give me a shot at getting in as an oos transer…</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Residency doesn’t matter for transfers. You guys are all in the same pool.</p>
<p>Can those accepted from last year chance me? I applied out of high school as well as my freshman year of college.</p>
<p>College: Appalachian State University (1st Semester Junior in the Spring)
College GPA: 3.49
H.S. GPA: 4.2 weighted (In-state)
SAT: 1800
ECs: Intramural sports, Honors program, several clubs, Leadership group</p>
<p>I think you’re in.</p>
<p>I really hope so Bruins! I remember you getting accepted last year, congratulations on doing so!</p>