official unc transfer thread

<p>i dont wanna send in my spring grades, they’re terrible</p>

<p>i’m going to stay on the waitlist. it really complicates things/adds stress, but chapel hill is really where i want to be so i am just going to stick it out. if i don’t get in, i will just have to reapply next year. also, i do think one of us should call and ask if the waitlist is for everyone not accepted or if there is a group of people who actually got rejected instead of wait listed. maybe i’ll call them next week or something.</p>

<p>yeah i am glad i worked hard this semester to keep my grades up just in case. it was a good decision apparently. i guess i’ll send them in as soon as i can.</p>

<p>i just have to ace every test for the rest of the year haha…not gonna happen</p>

<p>I got accepted as a junior!</p>

<p>I was waitlisted last year as sophomore transfer so i know how much it sucks.
I dont want to burst anyones bubble but they did not admit any transfer students from the waitlist last year. I had a meeting with one of the heads of admissions and they basically said they weight your HS transcript alot for sophmores, so if you didnt have the grades to get in out of HS then even with a high first semester GPA you can still be waitlisted. sucks but true</p>

<p>Wow, they didn’t accept any waitlisted transfers? Do they reject anybody then? That sucks.</p>

<p>I should be a junior, but I had to apply for sophomore standing because a few of my credits will not transfer. I guess I’ll be a semester behind. Did those of you accepted get anything else besides the acceptance update and deposit info?</p>

<p>why dont they just reject us now then, its much easier for both parties</p>

<p>also, did they wait unitl june 30th or whatever it was last year to notify you, or do they do it earlier</p>

<p>NCSmooth, yep all I got was the acceptance update and deposit stuff, which I paid just now online.</p>

<p>Guess we get more detailed info in the mail??</p>

<p>I think what he meant was that waitlisted people for freshmen admissions were not admitted this year with just high first semester GPAs. I’m sure they accepted people from the transfer waitlist. </p>

<p>AmenoMusicista: Are you a sophomore applicant? That could explain things. </p>

<p>Maxk: Why are you giving up already? You should be trying to get the best grades no matter what. That kind of attitude (giving up) will only hurt you. You could get into UNC next year!</p>

<p>Anyway, good luck to everyone. I wonder what their admit stats were this year for transfer.</p>

<p>someone told me that the waitlist is just a nice way of rejecting. im not even putting my name on it. not worth the stress.</p>

<p>yeah i need to finish out this year strong</p>

<p>hopefully i can see some of you guys next year. congrats to all who got in</p>

<p>hey maxk88, definitely do not give up! I’m living proof. I was rejected when I tried to get in as a freshman out of high school and now they took me as a Sophomore. These decisions can be so arbitrary sometimes. You never know what’ll happen if you keep trying.</p>

<p>I don’t know if its a good thing or a bad thing if I haven’t heard anything yet I am starting to get worried since a lot of people got waitlisted. I don’t even know if I am in, waitlisted or not rejected. I don’t understand why few people, including myself haven’t heard anything yet.</p>

<p>no. i meant i what i said- no transfer students were admitted off the waitlist last year.</p>

<p>Sachmoney, I applied for Junior standing. It’s just really weirding me out, especially since I applied to a few other schools that are slightly more selective.</p>

<p>for all of you freaking out about not having a decision yet. if it says “you’re application is still under review, we will notify you in a couple weeks” or whatever, you probably checked yes for something under the community standards portion of the application. for example, maybe you got a drinking citation. they will take a couple more weeks to review whatever incident you were involved in but unless it was something really terrible it won’t have any affect on your application, you just have to wait a little longer. i know because the same thing happened to me last year and i met with the assistant dean of admission and he explained all this to me.</p>

<p>Thank you UNCjtd20</p>

<p>I got accepted!!! Max don’t give up! I am sure it will come around!</p>

<p>my boyfriend got in! i go to wake forest so i am very excited. (UNC is much closer than Michigan where he is now) :slight_smile: </p>

<p>I knew about the 4pm today thing, but didn’t tell him about it until about 4:15 so that he wouldn’t be stressing out. he thought he wouldn’t know until the 21st, so it was a nice surprise.</p>

<p>congrats to everyone.</p>

<p>Relax Jazz. I have a 4.0, some highly respectable extras, and I’ve not received word yet. Who knows why they haven’t. But I’m sure it has nothing to do with chances. Try and lay back and give it some time.</p>