<p>Hi y’all! (im not actually form the south, but i found it mildly entertaining. its about the small things in life.) Any who… I am going to be a high school senior (go 2012!) and i am pondering the colleges that I should apply to, and with your insightful critique, me and my dream college can ride off into the sunset. First of all I am majoring in theatre, (can u tell by my dramatic flare?)
i currently attend a large public high school that is quite rigorous.
my u/w gpa is a 3.333 and my w gpa is a 3.75
i took 2 honors classes my sophomore year
and 1 honors, and ap course my junior year
next year i plan to take 3 aps
i got 1800 on my sat I and a 710 on my sat II [u.s. history]
i’ve been on my school’s cheer team all 4 years
and I am an officer in 2 separate volunteer clubs.
I live in cali and i would prefer to go to school there but I will make an exception for Oregon and Arizona. Don’t get me wrong I love all 50 states equally my parents just refuse to send me more than a few hundred miles away. D.C I guess you’re chill too.
If any of you could give me realistic goals, I would love it like an old person loves their denchers. <3 tata for now!</p>
<p>First of all, you should post this in the main USC section, not this sub-forum. This is for the USC class of 2012, IE, people who are going to be seniors at USC this upcoming year.</p>
<p>Check out the USC 2011 Freshman Profile: <a href=“http://www.usc.edu/admission/undergraduate/private/1011/FreshmanProfile2010.pdf[/url]”>http://www.usc.edu/admission/undergraduate/private/1011/FreshmanProfile2010.pdf</a></p>
<p>Your GPA and SAT score are a bit on the low end. Next year, do well in your classes (especially those AP classes), try for above 2000 on the SAT, and get some good leadership and community service experience in your clubs and groups.</p>
<p>Are you looking at the BFA or BA program? BFA is more based on an audition, so if you are a talented actor it could outweigh your low grades.</p>
<p>If you are hoping to major in theatre, I hope you have some acting experience? (Because you didn’t list it here.)</p>
<p>Also – it’s spelled “dentures.” </p>
<p>USC is a very selective school with an extremely selective and difficult theatre program. I suggest you look at some of the Cal State and UCs since you’re a California resident. UC Irvine has a great drama program and your scores are more aligned with that school.</p>