Ohio -> PA One-Way Car Rental !!

<p>We are planning a college visit trip during Feb vacation. We are flying into Columbus, visiting a couple schools in Ohio, then driving to PA to visit a couple more. We were planning to rent a car from Columbus airport and dropping it of at airport in Pittsburgh. We arrive on Tuesday afternoon in Columbus, and fly out of Pitt on Sat. </p>

<p>Please help us find a reasonable car rental solution. Right now, I am getting quote of $500 for 4 days!</p>

<p>Oh we're doing almost the same thing but it's in April & from Cleveland to Pittsburgh. Try: Hotwire, Priceline. Are you AAA members? Costco or Sam's members? They also have discounts for members.</p>

<p>Thanks for responding, RobD. Even with a higher car rental, the flights from Pitt to Boston were only $39, so it will most likely still be cheaper. We are AAA members, but let our BJ's membership lapse. I expect to pay a premium for one-way rental, but $500 for 4 days in a tiny clown car is ridiculous.</p>

<p>I've never tried priceline... Can you do one-way rental through them?</p>

<p>JetBlue has a Boston to Pittsburgh flight so that's why the flights are so low.</p>

<p>I haven't tried Priceline yet; I've been looking on Hotwire but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Car rentals are ridiculous in general; every time I have to rent a car, whether a round trip or not I rant about the price.</p>

<p>One-way rentals are always more money.</p>

<p>Enterprise goes for about $500 to $550 from Columbus to Pittsburgh.</p>

<p>The cost of renting a car has gone up quite a bit in the past few years, so this number doesn't shock me (does it include all fees & taxes, which can easily add 20% to a quoted rate). The cheapest rates are in vacation destinations such as Florida. You are also being penalized for holding it less than a week. I would suggest looking around at all the agencies that serve both the pickup & dropoff location for the best deal.</p>