Okay ACT, bad GPA, Good Essays and ECs, what colleges do I stand a chance to get into

<p>I am only like in the top 23% of my class, so I just need to work hard to keep myself in the top quarter, perhaps improve it too. My school always told me I had a 3.7-3.8 Gpa, but according to ACT scores I only have a 3.2. Perhaps the number my school gave me was weighted. Anyway, ACT was a 21 first attempt, but unaware of no penalty for wrong answers policy, I left about 18 questions blank in each section. I will be massively prepping for this test during the summer to ensure a minimum of a 25, but am hoping for a 28-29.</p>

<p>ECs? The only thing I ever did was STEM, NHS, and working fast food 20 hrs/wk. However, throughout my entire life I’ve always noticed I had a learning deficiency/disability when I compared myself to my peers. I always took much longer to learn things than the other students (3x longer or more sometimes), and I have also been set back socially compared to the most people I know, despite never changing schools. The point of this is that my mother always believed I had autism and persistently tried to get medical help for me, but I would simply go in denial and say I was fine. However, recently I decided to go ahead and take the Autism spectrum test, which consisted of 40+ questions, and was hosted by some top University. I took the test twice and even though answers changed a bit, as I answered more analytically the second time the result were identical. The range for Asperger’s Syndrome was 32-40 I believe, I received a 35. So an online test proves nothing? After reading through hundreds of symptoms and characteristics of aspies, I found that I fit under all of them, but one at the most.</p>

<p>This leads me up to my final point. Throughout my life I’ve thought of ways I could change the world for the better. I considered becoming a musician, an author, and starting a group which would help benefit the community and eventually the world. However, over the years I noticed that pretty much nobody had that desire to help others like I did. Most people were well aware of these ongoing problems outside of our own little worlds, but admitted that they preferred to look the other way. It’s either to ignore a problem. So I somewhat gave up on my quest to improve the world. But, when I got diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome, I began meeting plenty of people like me. I decided to start a group that would benefit the group members by supporting them and each other with the problems we dealt with with Asperger’s. But above all, the group would dedicate a lot of their time to helping out the community. I have yet to actually start the group, but am really motivated and excited to begin the project. By the time I right my 2nd college letter (my grade 11 English teacher made us write one) I should have established this group/club/association/whatever, and written a meaningful essay supporting my EC.</p>

<p>Now that I have given you a brief description of my application, what colleges would I stand a chance at? I’m interested in Engineering</p>

<p>I wanted stats not a sob story.</p>