Olin Town Meeting (2/1/2012)

<p>If you want to learn more about Olin College's vision and mission, listen to President Miller as he shares his thoughts with the students, staff and faculty. These Town Meetings take place twice a year in order to keep everyone up-to-date on Olin's past, present and future.Olin</a> College Town Meeting - YouTube</p>

<p>Thanks for sharing that. I learned a number of interesting things, and that's while skipping most of the talk. Among them:</p>

<p>females comprised 44% of the applicant pool this year. That's way higher than the year before last (the last for which I have common data set info) when it was more like 20%. </p>

<p>Olin's endowment is ~$1 million per student. That's behind only HYP nationally, I believe. Wow.</p>

<p>74% of 2011 graduates are employed, with an average starting salary of just under $70K. 21% are in grad school. Not a lot of Olin grads out on the streets, that's for sure.</p>

<p>Good stuff.</p>

<p>Rayrick - Click on Olin</a> College : Student Life : Meet Our Students for the class profiles from 2007-2015 (current freshmen). 54% of the freshmen class are female. For more info on alumni, click on <a href="https://www.olin.edu/pgp/alumniprofiles.aspx%5B/url%5D"&gt;https://www.olin.edu/pgp/alumniprofiles.aspx&lt;/a> . </p>

<p>I hope you didn't miss the mention of the six acceptances to Harvard's 2+2program. I have a cousin who recently graduated from that program after working as an investment banker in NYC. It is an amazing program filled with the cream of the crop!</p>

<p>Thanks again! Clearly a brainy group there at Olin. Getting excited for next weekend!</p>

<p>We enjoyed watching it this morning. DH has a neat way to display youtubes on the big screen TV. This meeting it seemed harder to see the graphs - I think in previous ones they zoomed in more to show the display screen.</p>

<p>Darn, was hoping to see endowment improvements. I've not expected the full scholarship to come back DS's time at Olin, but I was still hoping to see improved numbers. </p>

<p>I learned some things too. Didn't realize that Olin has a "mortgage".</p>