Online Auction Houses or the best way to sell vintage item

I am at a loss here. I have in my possession several vintage calendars by Winchester Arms. I am talking 1914 for one and the other is around the same age. They are in great shape and are even in the mailing tubes. One I have found on ebay with an asking price of $2000! I found the same one on a place called Ward’s Auction for around $780 with two bids. Ward’s seems to only deal with hunting stuff. No one in my family will want these. I have used ebay before but for small items and this just is overwhelming me. Has anyone here heard of Ward’s or has some other idea? Thanks!

Look on something called Bidsquare and search for the item. Sometimes local auction houses will list items on the online site for you (you pay them a commission).

To get top price, you need to accurately state condition. I’d see if there’s someone who can appraise for you. Also, when sending a high price item, you need to be aware of shipping issues. Over on Amazon, some sellers have buyers claim a valuable piece wasn’t received.

What I’d suggest is finding a legit house that you can either visit or ship to, per their instructions. One that periodically auctions items of this sort and related. Call and ask.