Online Courses

<p>So, over the summer I am planning on taking 7 courses on Florida Virtual School (Free for me because I am a Florida resident). </p>

<p>Will Stanford look favorably on my app since I have put in time outside of school to take additional courses?</p>

<p>Is this a good idea?</p>

<p>Courses I am taking:
AP Spanish Language
AP Computer Science A
AP Macroeconomics
AP Microeconomics
AP Statistics
AP English Lit
AP Environmental Science </p>

<p>I know it's alot and I can do it. But I want to know how Stanford will look at me, since I am planning on taking so many APs online.</p>

<p>Bump 10char</p>

<p>its like doing anything else productive with your summer</p>

<p>Be certain that you will be able to handle that amount of AP classes especially during the summer when most students feel like slacking off. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt your application if you managed to score a 5 on all of the exams and maintain good grades. However, if it ends up being too much and you score terribly and have bad grades in the classes, Stanford will most likely notice that. </p>

<p>My recommendation would be to limit the amount of AP classes during the summer to three or four at most. Don't overwhelm yourself.</p>

<p>"My recommendation would be to limit the amount of AP classes during the summer to three or four at most." - Agreed.</p>