OOS Chances

<p>Profile</p>

<p>Gender: Female
Resident: Brooklyn, NY
Race: White
School:Good Private High School
Rank: 97/131</p>

<p>I applied before the priority deadline.</p>

<p>GPA - 80 Unweighted - im assuming weighted is around 86 or 87
Senior Year - 1st Trimester - 91 Unweighted - Honor Roll</p>

<p>Honors English - All 4 years</p>

<p>SAT:
1810 CR:630 M:510 WR: 670</p>

<p>SAT Subject Tests:
Literature: 600
World History: 580
U.S History - 580</p>

<p>EC’s
Editor-In-Chief of Student Newspaper - 2 years
Staff Writer - All 4 years
Technology Club - 4 years
Semifinalist in ThinkQuest NYC Competition - (Web Design)
Community Service- Coach Girls Softball - 2 years
School Welcoming Comittee - 4 years
Italian Club - 4 years
Brooklyn Academy of Music Young Film Critics - 2 years, 2 movie reviews published
Outstanding Achievement in ThinkQuest NYC Award - 10th Grade
Internship at the Help Desk American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers - 2 years 10th & 11th Grades</p>

<p>Essay/Recs:

  • Essays were great, i think
  • Great recs from my newspaper advisor, math teacher, and computer teacher</p>

<p>Intented Major - Journalism
Chances At:
Marist College - First Choice
Boston U CGS
SUNY Albany - deffered early action
University of Rhode Island
CUNY Brooklyn College
CUNY Hunter College
Hofstra University
University of Maryland College Park</p>

<p>Some results i got already
Iona College - Accepted w/ merit scholarship of $8500 a year
St. John’s University - Accepted w/ merit scholarship of $9000 a year
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts - Accepted, also accepted into Advantage New York tuition reduction program
Le Moyne College - Accepted
St.Francis College - Accepted w/ 2/3 tuition scholarship
University of Missouri Columbia - Accepted
Emerson College - Rejected
SUNY New Paltz - Rejected</p>

<p>feel free to chance at all my schools, thanks</p>

<p>I think you are in at both CUNY schools and at Albany and Hofstra as well. I don’t really know about Marist. UMD might be tough especially being out of state. What school do you go to by the way?</p>

<p>I agree w/ dmjt416— I think UMD will be a reach because of your SATs and GPA, if your weighted # is out of 100</p>

<p>I go to Fontbonne Hall Acadmey in Brooklyn, NY. Are you from the area?</p>

<p>Yea, I go to Xaverian.</p>

<p>cool lol what a coincidence, where are you thinking of going to school?</p>

<p>Yea thats pretty funny. I am already in at St. John’s, SUNY Cortland, Sacred Heart, and Penn State but none of them are particularly high on my list. I will most likely be going to Maryland, unless I get into Boston College or Notre Dame but that is not very likely.</p>

<p>thats cool lol im in at st.john’s too but so many people from fha and xaverian go there lol im definitley going away next year. maryland’s a great school so it won’t be too bad if you end up there. hopefully i will too but it’s looking doubtful lol. Good luck on getting into BC and Notre Dame!</p>

<p>Thanks. I definitely feel the same way as you. I dont really want to go to one of the typical schools like St. John’s or Fordham that everyone goes too and I think it would be fun to get out of the city for a few years. Good luck to you as well.</p>