- US Citizen
- Southern Ohio, small college town, mostly lower-middle/middle class. My school is in, for the most part, an impoverished area.
- Small public high school, non-competitive except for top 10 of each class.
- Chinese (adopted)
- Other special factors :
Not sure if any of these things mean anything at all, thought I would mention regardless.
Not entirely sure; interested in social sciences, computer science, fashion, music (very wide range sorry). Definitely interested in interdisciplinary studies.
GPA, Rank, and Test Scores
- Unweighted HS GPA: 4.0
- Weighted HS GPA: 5.49. AP/Acc/College classes on 6.3 scale but the highest possible GPA is the mean of all of the highest possible GPA’s including 4.3 and 5.3 if that makes sense.
- Class Rank: 4/175 weighted, 23/175 unweighted
- ACT: 29. Reading 34 English 31 Science 26 Math 23
SAT: 1310. English 720 Math 590
Will definitely be taking one of these again, did not study at all for either
(Can only take one AP sophomore year, took two this year plan to take more next yeat)
Intro to Sociology
Intro to Writing and Rhetoric
Intro to General Psychology
Contemporary Social Problems
Intro to Prose and Non-Fiction
Intro to Philosophy
Four years of Spanish, took this year off, plan to continue through the college.
Will be taking at least six more college courses by the time regular decision applications will be due.
- VFW Regional Essay Finalist (this was in middle school so I dont think this counts, thought I would mention it.)
- Honor roll for all of academic career
(Include leadership, summer activities, competitions, volunteering, and work experience)
- Student Council Class Representative-Freshman-current, definitely next year
- Prom Committee Co-Chair
- School Events Co-Chair
- Founder of Sending Sunshine Chapter
- Teen Science Cafe Leader
- UChicago Global Politics summer course
- 30 hours volunteer (more to come)-Local arts studio advocating for those with disability, autism in particular. Forest trash pick-up. Organizing book collection at college.
- Work in food industry-Spring of sophomore year to fall of Junior year, plan to start working again over the summer.
- Plan to get an internship with the art studio and volunteer with Zero Waste Events Production over the summer-environmental awareness at festivals.
(Optionally, guess how strong these are and include any other relevant information or circumstances.)
Have not written yet, plan on writing about my experience as an adopted Asian in a predominantly white Appalachian region. I would say my writing skills are a fair amount above average.
Cost Constraints / Budget
No cost constraints, cheaper would be great but not necessary.
Ohio University, CU Boulder
Not entirely sure if these are matches, probably more of a reach
Brown (Possibly ED), NYU, Vassar, USC, UPenn
List is still in progress, would love suggestions. I am open to pretty much anything except really small colleges and rural colleges as I prefer cities. Prioritize student life and academics, prefer small greek life. Would not like to go further down than North Carolina, definitely willing to look out west. Absolutely no conservative colleges.
Thank you for the help!