Opinions? Gtown, Cornell, NYU?

<p>STATS:
SATIs: 740M, 780V (retaking Nov.)
SATIIs: 800(writing), 790(math iic), 720 (bio), taking Literature in Dec, expect 750+
APs: Lang&Comp(5), Macro(5), Biology(5), US History(4)
GPA: 3.7 unweighted
Asian-American</p>

<p>Class Schedule (11 and 12 grades)
AP Biology
AP US History
AP Government&Politics
AP Lang&Comp
AP Lit&Comp
AP Prob/Stat
AP Calc AB
AP Macroeconomics
AP Psychology
Honors Physics
Honors Latin III, IV
Honors Genetics
Honors Precalc
(have the three sciences, honors chem soph year. 9th and 10th grade were basically all standard honors classes, ie lit, chem, alg ii, etc.)</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
Cross Country (Varsity all years, captain 12) 10, 11, 12
Track (Varsity all years) 9, 10, 11, 12
Yearbook (Editor for 11, 12) 9, 10, 11, 12
Latin Honor Society (Secretary 11, 12) 10, 11, 12
Publicity Director for the County Chapter of People2People
more, but no leadership positions, i.e., PUSH</p>

<p>Awards:
National Merit Commended, Wellesley Book Award, Photography Award, then scammy types like Who's Who and National Honor Roll</p>

<p>Work Experience:
Worked as a catalog model at a small band merchandise company out of NYC
UNC-Chapel Hill internship at the Cancer Institute (8 weeks)</p>

<p>Classes:
Took a Sociology 101 class at UNC-Chapel Hill, got an A-</p>

<p>Recommendations: I have two lit teachers who both claim me as one of the, if not the, brightest student with most salient comments etc...etc...one is also the yearbook advisor and knows i'm the only one who meets the deadlines, the other was the advisor for people2people. also a math teacher who i had for two years and hvae a good relationship with and sees me try really hard (i'm really terrible at math). Guidance counsuler(spelled wrong :() loves me</p>

<p>Other: Mom had a stroke when I was 12, and recovery has been erratic, slow, and with setbacks, which prompts my parents to go to Stanford University for surgeries, the most recent one leaving me alone for a month.</p>

<p>Applying as an English or Communications major for the most part. Early actioned Georgetown, and looking at Cornell, Hopkins, Wellesley, Barnard, maybe reach to Harvard?, NYU, UNC-Chapel Hill (both parents went there, grandpa is a professor there), UPENN nursing? My greatest worry is that I'm reaching too much and will end up going to Rutgers, our state school.</p>

<p>nice that you have such a good academic record despite personal dilemmas.</p>

<p>goergetown-probably
cornell-probably
hopkins-yeah
barnard-dunno
weslley-dunno
harvard-likely not
unc-yeah
nyu-90%
rutgers-most definitly</p>

<p>I would think you have a good chance at Wellesley and Barnard, possibly better than UNC - does legacy give you in-state status? Good luck</p>

<p>bumpppppppppppp</p>

<p>Everything Except Harvard, haha.</p>