Opinions to ease a worrying mind

<p>I used to go to this other school and I spent my freshman year and half of my sophomore year there and then transfered to my present school where I am a senior. When I went to the other school I never studied or cared about school and received mostly C+ and B- grades. Then once I transfered into my new school I was just somehow inspired and started getting straight As in all AP/honors courses. So my transcript pretty much reads: freshman year gpa 80 sophmore year gpa 86 (avg of the 1 semester at my old school and 1 semester at my new school) junior year gpa 97 senior year gpa 98. I included an essay about my change in most all of my applications and I was wondering how you guys feel this will be viewed by admissions officers. My other stats are below:</p>

<p>SATs: 700 CR 730 M 740 W
SAT IIs: 720 Chem 750 Math II 760 US Hist
APs: 5 Euro, 5 Calc AB, 4 US, 3 Chem
EC: President Model Congress, Vice-President junior statesmen of america, pantry manager at a food pantry
Teacher recs were amazing and I thought my essays were pretty great too</p>

<p>I applied to all the ivies, MIT, Stanford, NYU, UVA, Georgetown, BC, Rollins
I EAd to Yale and got deferred (which I took as a sign that colleges were willing to overlook my freshman and first half soph years), rejected RD from MIT and NYU so far, and accepted to Rollins</p>

<p>So, thoughts?</p>

<p>most schools don't put heavy emphasis on freshmen and sophomore year.
just wondering, what NYU school did you apply to, and did you apply to any safeties?</p>

<p>
[quote]
Yale and got deferred (which I took as a sign that colleges were willing to overlook my freshman and first half soph years),

[/quote]

probably want to see if the upward trend continues, which it looks like it did.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I applied to all the ivies, MIT, Stanford, NYU, UVA, Georgetown, BC, Rollins
I EAd to Yale and got deferred (which I took as a sign that colleges were willing to overlook my freshman and first half soph years), rejected RD from MIT and NYU so far, and accepted to Rollins

[/quote]

hard to tell since you got rejected from NYU...</p>

<p>I applied to CAS at NYU.. according to a friend of mine it's very, very hard to get into</p>

<p>I also applied to Fordham and Trinity (I figured Fordham, Rollins, and Trinity would be my safeties)
I applied to a ton of schools because I was so uncertain how my application would be viewed by various admissions offices</p>

<p>So, you didn't ACTUALLY get rejected from NYU...</p>

<p>And, yes, it is a very competitive, good school.
I'm absolutely ecstatic that I got a likely letter from them.
CC should really designate it as one of its "Top Universities."</p>

<p>Fordham is an awesome school as well.
Not as prestigious or academically rigorous, but it's still a great school.
Give it some time.
Got a likely letter from them, too :D.</p>

<p>You look like a strong candidate with good credentials.
Here's hoping you've proved that you're "special" in some way.
Best of luck!</p>