Out of State and Confused

<p>I’m from Connecticut so I really have no idea about this whole a-g courses or a UC gpa plus our school uses a 4 quarter system rather than a semester system. Also what are my chances of getting in from out of state? Is it just that not many apply to UC’s from out of state or do they just not get accepted. BTW I really want to go to California because I visited it there and loved it and UCSB is my number 1 choice i am also a sophmore in highschool.</p>

<p>Relax a bit-you have a ways to go yet. Your college counselor will definitely help answer these questions, as the UC remains a very popular option around the country.</p>

<p>Basically, the UC requires that you complete a certain number of years of certain kinds of courses, like English, History, etc. Most schools have some sort of requirement like this. Your quarter system shouldn’t screw anything up unless for some reason you don’t have 4 years of English.</p>

<p>Many, many people apply to the UCs from out-of-state. Fewer get in. In the case of UCSB, it is the school for in-staters. Some of the other schools have more out-of-staters, but that’s simply because they attract more.</p>

<p>Since fewer apply from outside California, you will probably have a decent chance, but you will have to beat out some in-staters, as preference is given.</p>

<p>For additional information on A-G requirements, check out <a href=“http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu%5B/url%5D”>www.universityofcalifornia.edu</a>.</p>