out-of-state transfer from California CC

<p>I have recently been putting some thought into transferring out of state to finish up school. I was initially planning to transfer to UC-Irvine, but, well, things change.</p>

<p>My CC GPA is an underwhelming 3.1, and I'm wondering how much that is going to work against me when competing with in-state transfers.</p>

<p>I plan to transfer as a comparative lit major, possibly with a minor in creative writing. I like to look at schools that have strong MFA programs, so a few places I'm considering applying to are Florida, UNC, Ole Miss, SUNY Geneseo (or Binghampton), Iowa, LSU, FSU, and maybe Hunter. </p>

<p>I'm trying not to aim too high, but maybe I am. A few things that I have going for me are two years tutoring at my college's writing center, as well as three stints as editor of the school's literary journal (with two "editor's choice in fiction" awards under my belt.)</p>

<p>I don't meet any "diversity" requirements, except that I am 25 and I have seen that some schools consider that an option.</p>

<p>The reality is that I just don't know how tough it is for out of state transfer students. Any advice anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>Also: If I posted this in the wrong forum, I apologize. New to this site.</p>

<p>Are you from Moorpark College?</p>

<p>Nope, Palomar (outside of San Diego)</p>