Out of State transfer

<p>I am considering applying to BU as a junior transfer student. I attended the University of Washington for one year and now am at a California community college. It is easier to get into the UC system from a california community college.</p>

<p>My GPA at Washington was 3.51 (deans list)
GPA at CC is currently 3.8
SAT 1200</p>

<p>I am looking at the Communications program at BU.</p>

<p>I don't know about what the transfer average is at BU but if anyone could help that would be awesome.</p>

<p>Boston University is a private school, so for anything other than "geographic diversity", out of state status is irrelevant.</p>

<p>You should have no problem getting in.</p>

<p>The fact that BU would be his 3rd school in 3 years may be a bit of a problem, but you should be okay.</p>

<p>Not sure how transfer students stack up but the average GPA for 4 yr colleges is 1333 and Com may be a little higher so your lower SAT and transfering twice will make it a challenge. When you apply be sure to explain how that happened and why.Your GPA will help a lot. Have you visited BU?</p>

<p>average transfer sat is a 1270 with a 3.5 gpa</p>

<p>I didnt like Seattle it rained all the time and was just flat out boring. The UC system (ucla, cal, ucsb) gives priority to students who transfer out of a california community college. So as crazy as it sounds I have a much higher chance out of a CC then a out of state 4 year.</p>

<p>I have never been to Boston. I mean I live in San Diego, I spending most of my time surfing or at school so it would be a total culture change. But I like what I have saw of the school so far on their website. The main thing I like about BU so far is the Broadcast Journalism major. I want to get into sports radio.</p>

<p>Going to travel to Boston in January to check it out, my friend from here goes to Lasell and hates it though. Transfering to BU.</p>

<p>Don't let your friend's experience with Lasell color your impressions of BU. Lasell is a small LAC in a western suburb of Boston (Newton), with a lovely little campus. BU is a much bigger research university, has barely any campus at all, and it's definitely an urban school. Very different feelings and experiences.</p>

<p>The NE weather will be a shock compared to San Diego, especially in Jan., but Boston is a cool city and will give you a very different life experience. Maybe you could try sbowboarding.LOL What other schools are you considering?
Skinnyfists--is the 3.5 GPA left over from HS or is that the average college GPA from the school from which they transfer?</p>

<p>I emailed them about a month ago, they said that's 3.5 GPA average college GPA. I'd imagine that's slightly above the high school average, but I'm not sure.</p>

<p>That may also be a CAS gpa for transfers. The COM reqs may differ.</p>

<p>That's all the colleges--I would imagine that the COM acceptances are a bit above that and that CAS is a bit below.</p>

<p>It's also a function of size. COM is a pretty large college, about 2,000. CAS is bigger. But if you want to go into SHA - hospitality - that's a small college.</p>

<p>I've noticed people often want to transfer to COM from other schools. I think they start to focus on their field of interest and realize that COM is a very good place.</p>