Overnight guest parking?

<p>My parents plan on staying the night in my apartment with me in West Campus the day they move me in since we'll be arriving in the afternoon and don't want to spend unnecessary money on a hotel. There are other times when I know i'll be having a friend come in from out-of-town. I need to know of a place where guests without any kind of parking pass can park overnight up to a few days. I understand there may be extra parking fees if the car is removed and brought back, but I just need to know of a parking garage near West Campus that will allow guest parking for that long.</p>

<p>There are some parking spaces that have no time limits marked for West Campus. The only problem is the availability of them. If you can get one, you can park in it as long as you want. That being said, make sure the car doesn't have nice stuff in it, or else if you haven't moved it in a while, it may be broken into. </p>

<p>If it's on the weekend, they'll be able to park at the meters for free without moving.</p>

<p>City street/metered parking is free from 5pm Friday to 8am Monday morning. Most of these spots are located towards the east side of West Campus near Guadalupe. </p>

<p>If your apartment is closer to Lamar, there are residential streets near Leon/25th that are not metered/completely free.</p>

<p>There is a university garage (San Antonio. San</a> Antonio Garage (SAG) | Parking & Transportation Services (PTS) | The University of Texas at Austin) that they can park in for a reasonable rate. UT used to offer weekend parking passes...I'm not sure if they still do this but you may want to look into it!</p>

<p>I'll be in Vintage West Campus, so that's right near the block on 22nd 1/2 street. If there are any metered/non-metered spots there, that would be great but i'm also worried about safety since my family's car will be packed with furniture and other things for my and my brother. We might just have to park in San Antonio or Dobie garage, even though that's quite a walk.</p>

<p>Well you could park closer to unload things, and then park overnight somewhere possibly farther away.</p>

<p>There's a few metered spots on San Antonio st, near the Hillel center and churches that would be close by. (I used to live on Nueces and 22nd :D) I have had friends park there without any theft problems, but I don't think I would leave a van full of furniture/belongings overnight. (During the school year these spots are fine for day to day overnight parking) There's a parking garage right next to Pluckers in that shopping center on Rio Grande but I'm not sure who it belongs to. They may offer overnight parking...but if I remember correctly the upper floors belong to the Block. Still worth looking into though! </p>

<p>I know that you can park during the day in the Plucker's garage, just not sure about the overnight.</p>