Parents need advice.. Let's talk about ADDERALL.

<p>Yesterday I asked friend to try adderall because I have some big tests coming up.. took it for the first time -15 mg.</p>

<p>Today took 30 mg. </p>

<p>Was awesomely productive, especially day 2. Was insane!</p>

<p>One thing I noticed though, while on adderall my social skills improved a considerable amount too. I was very happy & upbeat. </p>

<p>Usually in my natural state, I'm introverted, shy, in my head too much with random thoughts, & sometimes can't think of what to say. I'm a very confident guy.. just most of the time in life I feel socially & mentally "dead." I feel awkward and cant focus in class / studying etc.. lack of energy.</p>

<p>Probably connected to that.. I have bad sleeping problems.. I'm usually tired all day and I think this tiredness makes me lazy & also anxious in social situations. All the sleeping solutions / drugs have never worked and it's been extremely frustrating trying them and lots of them have bad sides. Part of it is really bad restless leg syndrome which I know deals with a dopamine deficiency.. and I know adderall probably helps with dopamine. I think I might have a chemical imbalance.</p>

<p>Adderall made me feel like the best me and super sharp and energetic. I think usually I'm running 70% me or something because of my sleep problems and stuff. Was unbelievably awesome on adderall! Could easily learn / remember material. Not only was I super productive doing a bunch of studying not to mention stuff like meticulously cleaning my room, but I was super social, zero anxiety talking to anyone, way better at flirting, sharper clearer mind, better focus and conversation memory, if conversation was lagging I could easily think of 3-4 things to continue conversation. my day was 8x as productive and felt great being comfortable in every single social situation.</p>

<p>Adderall seems like a dream drug to me. I have friends who take it every day. Considering getting a prescription and doing that..</p>

<p>My friend who used to take adderall said he actually stopped because it made him feel anti-social which was weird..</p>

<p>Anyways, can someone answer my questions & share your thoughts..</p>

<p>Who hear takes adderall & thoughts on it? Should I get a prescription? Do I see my normal medical doc, or do I need to go to a psychologist or psychiatrist? What are the health risks? Long term risks? You gain tolerance? This something you take the rest of your life? Is there something I'm missing it seems to good to be true for me. I really know nothing about it.. been googling like crazy haha.. what else should I know?</p>

<p>Thanks for imput, I'm kind of excited this could drastically change my life.</p>

<p>You need to start with an appointment with your regular medical doctor and stop taking any medicine prescribed for someone else.</p>

<p>You need to make an appointment with a Physician and ask him/her your questions rather than this forum. Adderall is a stimulant. If you have not been tested for ADHD and think you may have it, you should be tested.</p>

<p>My son has all the same 'issues' you mention. He ended up being diagnosed with ADHD and a major sleep disorder this summer. While you can often get Adderall from your family doctor, if you can afford it, get some testing done. My son found out he has narcolepsy (only symptom was being tired all the time). The thing about Adderall is those 'wonderful' effects often wear off after regular use for several weeks. My son found that to be the case. He is having much better luck with a drug used for sleep disorders (Provigil).</p>