<p>Congratulations, NMinn!! What fantastic news!</p>
<p>Thanks for asking, Youdon’tsay! I thought of all my “Austin advisors” while I was there, and was even tempted to post at the hotel computer, but we were super busy. Put an update on the other thread. Son completely loved it. The aquatic center really is like a spa! (among other, many positive things).</p>
<p>historymom
any word for D on SLO?</p>
<p>NMinnMom – Congrats!! That has got to be a huge burden lifted from you, and with full COA covered between the academic and athletic, WOW.</p>
<p>Grrrrrr! Ok, so my d comes home at lunch today to find that she was awarded a Regents scholarship at one of the UC’s. It is worth $6k per year. Her attitude is “whatever; you know I don’t want to go there anyway”. My point is “even if you don’t go to that school you should be honored that you received this award”. Her response then lightened up a bit and she acknowledged begrudgingly that it is indeed an honor in addition to money. She ate lunch and my stomach is churning!</p>
<p>Way to go crzymom D!!! I know some of the kids take it in stride and leave us popping the zantac!</p>
<p>crzymom - I hear ya!</p>
<p>OK. I thought Iwas fairly savvy re: abbreviations on these forums but you got me. What the heck is COA? Cost of Athletics? Cost of Allowance? huh?</p>
<p>COA = Cost of Attendance. Tuition, room, board, fees, estimated expenses.</p>
<p>Congratulatins NM. Such great news. I am sure the happy events are going to start pouring in soon!</p>
<p>Congrats, Crzymom, on your parenting skills and your D’s skills! Any awards by the UC’s are wonderful, and having your D truly appreciate that, even more so.</p>
<p>Okay, not that I’m that competitive, but those 2010 parents are padding their darn posts again.</p>
<p>And that is very irritating. :)</p>
<p>Oh dear! Those upstarts need to be put back in their place.</p>
<p>crzymom congrats on the regents! Even if she doesn’t end up attending that is a huge honor.</p>
<p>Can’t sleep. Anyone else around??
Got all the paperwork for end of year stuff at school…grad fees, AP fees ($42 per test), order grad video. Seems like the school is trying to get the kids to get ready to wind things up.</p>
<p>Ju’not really rocked
I liked Kristen and Lil too
Felicia da bomb</p>
<p>So who will continue?
DH just likes decisons
Performances, not</p>
<p>Trying to listen to a LOST podcast while I check in here. Looks like you’re still awake historymom!!!</p>
<p>I’ll help with the post count.</p>
<p>I thought Lil was the best of the night on AI.</p>
<p>Sad night here. S’s soccer team lost in playoffs tonight. </p>
<p>He doesn’t play much (at all really) so I was surprised that it hit me so hard. Still, it was probably his last organized soccer game.</p>
<p>I’m going to be a mess when we get to the big events like Senior Awards Night and Prom.</p>
<p>Ah yes, prom…D just found the cutest Betsey Johnson dress on ebay so she is set there, now everyone is looking to her to head up the organizing for getting the limo, setting up the dinner, etc. (it is kind of a tradition that the Venture Crew president does the organizing, it is pretty similar to organizing a wilderness trip I guess…). </p>
<p>Between that and all the college materials I hope to get my dining room table back soon!</p>