<p>Historymom, I have two adorable dresses in a size three from last year but both barely made it through the evening - one got a run in the back and the other had a broken zipper. Then there are the worn only once beaded black spike heels…</p>
<p>D cut her prom dress off* to cocktail length and still wears it, so I can’t offer it up.</p>
<p>She has a strapless, baby-blue bridesmaid dress hanging in the closet, though! Anybody want that?? (It’s actually pretty cute, as bridesmaid dresses go.)</p>
<p>This reminds me of several things, none of which is the least bit relevant to college: 1) I have been a huppah girl twice, but never a bridesmaid. 2) Two of my friends and I have been vowing for YEARS to have a wedding dress / bridesmaid dress party: Wear your wedding dress if you can still contrive to put it on and breathe, or wear anything you’ve worn as an attendant at someone else’s wedding. Maybe after S1 goes to college we’ll finally pull it off.</p>
<p>*professionally. after prom. ![]()
Also: See how I worked college in there, at the end?</p>
<p>My d is in a magnet which is part of but separated from the very large hs. She has lots of friends going to prom and although she has a bf I’m sure they will go as a big group; that is how they usually go out anyway. She has no intention of wearing a long dress; she wants Betsey Johnson. Because she hardly asks for anything we’ll do it, but at the outlet store where they are a minimum of half off (still too much!) I doubt they’ll do the limo, etc.</p>
<p>I was online looking for [url=<a href=“http://forums.sixapart.com/index.php?showuser=56217&IT=HELP-DESK][b]helpdesk[/b][/url”>http://forums.sixapart.com/index.php?showuser=56217&IT=HELP-DESK]helpdesk[/url</a>] when I found your site.
It took me a little offtopic but I enjoyed it.
Thank you.
gvuitywe</p>
<p>Wow, wish we had a Betsy Johnson outlet near us!!!</p>
<p>Hi All! My, you all have been busy!
Prom…I am a shopper but absolutely hate looking for prom dresses. D2 is another 5’ 8" size 0 that always needs alterations! Prom is VERY formal here. 90% long gowns and just a few short cocktail dresses. It is at the end of May but we need to start looking now. D2 is very picky about her clothes…sigh…
Shoes are another story…another bunion baby at our house, too! Born with it…thanks grandpa!</p>
<p>Rachacha: We are also class A (Fairport). D usually is in the 3000 and steeple. She has been fatigued lately and didn’t make state Q’s for indoor. She was disappointed but oh well. I’m sure that it did her good to rest. Starting to run again now with outdoor starting I think next week.</p>
<p>Our prom is also last weekend in May. Starting “early”? I guess but limos will be booked if we wait too long and the dresses will be picked over. I am so not a last minute person and being as it’s 3 months away that feels last minute to me…</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Right…I don’t want to live through the “prom-a” of having a D who can’t find a dress she likes!</p>
<p>Are the print dresses big in your areas? They were very popular for Homecoming and looks like they will be popular again for prom.</p>
<p>gvuitywe: Thanks for the contribution for the cause and so glad we could help you while away some time ;)</p>
<p>NorthMin print dresses are not really big here</p>
<p>But, any length is OK Last year one of mine went floor length and the other went above the knee.</p>
<p>HMW: My son insisted that we buy him a white suit for his middle school graduation ceremony. Not usually a clothes-horse, I have no idea what inspired him to wear a white suit and a bittersweet orange shirt with a white tie. Every other guy was in a dark suit…at least he was easy to pick out of the crowd.</p>
<p>I had quite the adventure finding the suit. We ended up at a small family-owned men’s store (at the mall) where we bought a suit for $99 and they tailored the pants and jacket for free. Luckily the smallest size they offered was a 36 regular. You might look around for a similar store.</p>
<p>Or, if you were local and could use a size 32…probably in 32 length…I’d be willing to pass them on…
</p>
<p>HMW love the idea of the wedding dress party. I had mine preserved but since the bra I wore with it was a size 32AA I am fairly certain the only part of me that will still fit into it is my feet.</p>
<p>How about these?</p>
<p>[US</a> Navy Uniform White Trousers](<a href=“http://stores.uniforms-4you.com/-strse-1010/US-Navy-Uniform%2C-us/Detail.bok]US”>http://stores.uniforms-4you.com/-strse-1010/US-Navy-Uniform%2C-us/Detail.bok)</p>
<p>For those who are shopping for prom dresses can you post some sites that are good??? or pm if it is easier!</p>
<p>School has midterms this week and conferences are tomorrow night. Last conferences!!! Hooray! I am not sad about this last!My quiet D2 is not a happy camper with her Physics student teacher. Made me laugh when she said she wants me to tell him he’ll make a terrible teacher!</p>
<p>My D has her first serious boyfriend. He asked her to prom last weekend and we bought the dress yesterday. She looks like a princess. Floor length and very full. Most people here don’t get limos, but they’re already talking about the after party and who will host.<br>
As far as the guys spending the night–we’ve had a few guy friends stay over, no big deal as long as you’ve raised your child to make good choices, it shouldn’t be a problem. Just think next year we’ll have no idea where they are, who they’re with or what they’re doing.</p>
<p>Just curious since I don’t know if my S will go, but do the guys all wear suits? Can’t imagine them all in tuxes!</p>
<p>There may be a few exceptions but at our local HS most all wear tuxes.</p>
<p>At our school they wear tuxes to prom, with vests and long ties (the vest/tie sets typically come with a bow tie and a long tie). Son is in choir, so he wears his choir tux and shirt and last year we bought the tie and vest.</p>
<p>Of course, to Choir Banquet, some guys wear their choir tuxes but it’s cooler to wear a suit.</p>