Parents of the high school class of 09

<p>Does this mean that fireflyson and #theoryson will be crunching numbers together in Worcester? Wasn’t there someone else strongly considering WPI also?</p>

<p>Hey Fireflyscout – see you 'round the quad at WPI!</p>

<p>shawbridge: Loved reading about your S’s trip and investigation of the schools. Such great schools to choose from.</p>

<p>Glad to see that so many are close to a decision.</p>

<p>Good morning! Congrats to all who’ve made or are inching closer to making decisions; patience and fortitude to those still circling. Got back from Accepted Students day at 2:15 a.m., still have to return the rental car sitting in my driveway and pick up my car at the local airport. </p>

<p>Stand out moment: sitting in the chapel, listening to a speaker, when D turned to me wide-eyed and said “Wow, this is really real. I’m going to college here.”</p>

<p>And today my 5lb 13oz jaundice yellow 4 week preemie turns 18! I’m getting maudlin…aaargh!</p>

<p>Happy Birthday Chintzy’s daughter!!!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Happy birthday to her!</p>

<p>Happy birthday, Chintzy’s D!</p>

<p>18!!! Happy Bday chintzygirl!!!</p>

<p>Sounds like so many are making their final choices! </p>

<p>Thinking of you and the twins historymom!!!:wink: </p>

<p>Sounds like some great visits, shawbridge!</p>

<p>You know, somebody else needs to send their kid to Trinity U in San Antonio. We were there this past weekend and found a great restaurant with super margaritas. The Riverwalk was going to be very hectic but we were steered to this other place. But I won’t share unless I have a CC buddy to drink with me. ;-)</p>

<p>I may have someone for you…I’ll ask her mom but last I heard she was leaning Trinty.</p>

<p>Congratulations to all those making decisions! Sounds like they’ve made some terrific choices.</p>

<p>Happy B-day to Chintzygirl! And hugs and a virtual Kleenex to her mom. I remember those jaundice days so well. One of my kids got the nickname Pumpkin…</p>

<p>I think we need to fly in some of those margaritas for the parents with kids adding schools back to their lists.</p>

<p>bbf: I would love to join you but it’s all up to my kid. grrrrrrr On the bright side we received a letter from TU from another parent who lives roughly in our part of the state saying how great TU is and how though they wished their S would have chosen somewhere closer initially, they now know it was the best choice. This dad was a Santa Clara U grad and TU consistently beats SCU for #1 regionally in USNWR rankings so there was a bit of humor there. I thought it was a nice touch and shared it w/ DH and DD</p>

<p>second two blue’s idea.</p>

<p>chintzy: sniff: Happiest of Birthdays to her. What are your plans for celebrating?</p>

<p>thanks for the well wishes all.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>:( - I’ll take one of those. S is still leaning to one school, but told me last night he’s looking at another one again. Don’t these kids know how to make a decision? ;)</p>

<p>ACK cpeltz! I was already getting ready to say “A friend of mine has a son who will be attending Marquette.” ;)</p>

<p>Welcome to my world do you want yours w/ or w/o salt?</p>

<p>with salt please, and an extra shot. </p>

<p>I’m hoping he’s just pushing my buttons, and so far, I’ve been able to react AWAY from him!</p>

<p>Maybe we should start a new “No Decisions” thread.</p>

<p>Thanks for all the birthday wishes for chintzygirl! If I don’t get off the computer and out to the store there will be no celebration at all. Family & a few friends for angel food cake w/ strawberries & whipped cream tonight, after her track meet. Should be fairly rushed and hectic. On Saturday she and her girl posse will get dressed up and go out for a “big girl” dinner–it seems like they’re out every weekend celebrating someone’s birthday.</p>

<p>2blue–we were such dumb first time parents that we initially just though she had great color!</p>

<p>Could I have one of those margaritas? </p>

<p>D supposedly has only 3 schools on her current list, all small LAC. However, when we asked her if we could send a letter to get back our housing deposit from large public U, her reply was not yet. Argh! </p>

<p>One last admitted student’s day this weekend and then the pressure is on. I need to breathe deeply, the end is in sight.</p>

<p>I don’t think #theory’s S has made a final decision yet, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed.</p>

<p>Happy 18th to Chintzy’s D -wasn’t it just yesterday our kids were learning how to walk and how to (shudder) talk?</p>

<p>CBBBlinker- hope to meet you!</p>

<p>Mmmm, margaritas. I like them with sugar on the rim instead of salt. Yes, I’m a heathen.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I thought he was another WPI - or did I just dream that?</p>