Parents of the high school class of 09

<p>yes we are getting last minute offers here to. What a crazy year</p>

<p>ksabbo, Did your D give her first choice notice that she was not coming before they offered more money? Unbelievable! Well, I hope she really enjoys her second choice school, and that she doesn’t look back!</p>

<p>Hmmm…maybe waiting until April 30th is a strategy…</p>

<p>Update on corsage giving for single girls going to prom:
They have decided to put their names in a hat and buy each other corsages!</p>

<p>Well…almost waited until April 30th. Son said he’s definitely committed to U of AL. I wanted to wait until I hashed it out w/his other top choice fin aid dept (he was on the waitlist for instate tuition – would cost $20k less per year cost if he got it). Fin aid could give no guarantees, so son gave the go-ahead to withdraw his deposit/housing money from that school.</p>

<p>Roll tide!!!</p>

<p>Congrats to the other decision-makers!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Yea!!! I wish I had a little jumping up and down smilie for you! Don’t you feel better now?</p>

<p>There are over 40 Texas campuses closed due to flu fears. I hope hysterics don’t take over. They’ve already canceled sports…hope they don’t follow with prom and banquets…and I hope while they’re closing schools that someone remembers AP exams.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>That is such a fun, GIRL thing to do! You know they’ll be cuter and a lot more personal than if a guy (or parents) had ordered them!</p>

<p>And for us '10s. there’s the SAT this Saturday!</p>

<p>Jolynne, I think your son made a great decision. My H is CIO and has a large staff of computer whizzes…where they went to college may matter for the first job, but not after that, so a full ride is just the beginning of brilliant decisions for him.</p>

<p>Are we all in with decisions now? What a long, strange trip it’s been…and all our kids have arrived. Even saying that brings a tear.</p>

<p>I suppose we need to wait a couple days yet to have our big party since there may be some parents who can’t bring themselves to visit our board until the decisions are in. Wonderful idea to start the new thread on the one year anniversary - there is a whole new road ahead of us.</p>

<p>FAP, good luck to all the '10’s this Saturday and for the next year!</p>

<p>cpeltz, there may be some folks out there still muling over new & improved FA/merit offers, too!</p>

<p>can we reach 7000 posts B-4 5/5?</p>

<p>cpeltz and we are still twiddling our thumbs waiting for the WL school.</p>

<p>Has anybody heard of these last minute aid increases in previous years? We sent out all the rejections today (it’s so nice to be able to reject THEM this go-round), but unless a school came up with something shocking, it wouldn’t change anything at our house. In fact, I might have to keep quiet about it!</p>

<p>HM, any sign of Scripps going to their WL yet? It kind of stinks that she can’t get 100% excited for St. Mary’s yet, but if it’s what she wants, my fingers are crossed for her!</p>

<p>Counting Down I would like to invite you and LIMomof2 and jackie and findaplace as well as any other 10er parents to stop by for the festivities on 5/5. Then we will, rightfully, exit stage left and leave the spotlight to you all.</p>

<p>Sombreros are optional but those of us who have them will doff them in deference to your upcoming year of excitement.</p>

<p>Missypie, hard to believe the actions taken by your school district on the flu scare, althought it’s probably understandable since the first death occurred there. We had a meeting this morning in my office coming up with a plan on how to address it…at this point, we’ve stocked up on hand sanitizers and are cracking down on covering mouths (their own of course) for a sneeze!</p>

<p>

But wait, I’m going to be worrying full time until those first semester grades come out. I still need support!</p>

<p>cpeltz: way to up the post count. The initial letter said she would know by 6/1 but in a subsequent call D’s ad rep told her mid May.</p>

<p>Thanks for the crossed fingers! You are in Southern California right?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>It’s not our school district - it’s the governing body for all public school competitions in the state of Texas. It affects the whole state. I guess it’s time for Regionals in track and those have been postponed.</p>

<p>missypie don’t worry. We will start a new thread. College Class of 2013 where we can continue our obsessive behavior ;)</p>