Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>Thanks everyone for the recaps. :)</p>

<p>Happy Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Lilmom and Mr.and Mrs. SLUMOM!!</p>

<p>P56: That was a beautiful toast. Raising my glass!! :D</p>

<p>ACM: Glad that Crazydad’s party was a hit! </p>

<p>Checkers: Hope the launch went well.</p>

<p>BUandBC & JC40: Have a great school year. I hope you don’t have many kids crying. That would just break my heart, but the Moms crying would really break my heart! </p>

<p>Good luck to the launchers this week. :)</p>

<p>Went to see the Glee movie this afternoon. I loved it! :smiley: Perfect way to spend a rainy afternoon. Then went and bought another chair for S2’s room. We are going to take back the first chair, and he’s hoping the one that he REALLY wants will go on sale before he goes back. If not he said this one will do. I wanted to tackle dorm mountain but the Glee movie was calling me and I couldn’t say no! </p>

<p>Have a great Sunday.</p>

<p>Here, here p56! Cheers to the class of '14 and beyond and, of course, to their magnificent parents!
No news from dd2 in Korea. She will get back home late Tuesday night. She had better arrive with pictures to show and tales to tell!
I have decided to clear out my freezer before buying meat or fish again! Tonight I steamed two salmon fillets found in the freezer, cooled them and made Rachael Ray’s salmon cakes. Have to say they were really good and wonder of wonders, miracles of miracles, my mom nearly finished one. Simple recipe. Glad I found it.
Good week all!</p>

<p>Thanks for the toast, p56. Cheers to all for a great sophomore year.</p>

<p>BonnieNJ - I hear ya. I’m also cooking everything in my freezer before shopping. There are a few things I don’t recognize anymore from freezer burn, so I’m tossing those! :)</p>

<p>so glad your mom was able to eat bonnie!!!</p>

<p>i’ll join you and lilmom with needing to clear out freezer.</p>

<p>Happy Anniversary to the SLUMOMs (@30) and the LILMOMs(@25) !!!</p>

<p>Safe travels to austinmtmom and all of the upcoming launchees (quite a few this week)!</p>

<p>Zoosermom – Sorry to hear about your D’s midnight ordeal. Glad she is safe! It sounds similar to what D1 ran into when she visited her BFF since kindergarten, a boy, this summer. Mr. Responsible had become Mr. Irresponsible.</p>

<p>P56 – I’ll raise a glass of Coke to the Class or 2014 and Beyond! </p>

<p>BonnieNJ – Sounds like catching up when DD2 gets home will be very interesting. I hope that your mother continues to improve.</p>

<p>Momof2inma – D2’s GC passed away very unexpectedly in the spring of her Senior year. So, it was after the application process was done for her, but I’m sure it impacted the upcoming Seniors. It was very sad that she did not live long enough to see all of the 2010 HS students’ acceptances.</p>

<p>R6L – Welcome back! 10 seven year olds in Alaska… what horrible thing did you do in a previous life? :wink: Very sorry to hear about your father’s job, but glad to hear progress about the surgery.</p>

<p>Somewhereinga – Glad to hear that your launch went well. Let me know how that getting caught up on work and life goes. ;)</p>

<p>YDS – Congrats on your induction into the electronics by weight club… I think. What can I say, when it comes to TVs, size matters. ;)</p>

<p>IL – Hope you did not monopolize the “Immerse an Inebriate” booth and managed to stay “dry”. :)</p>

<p>LAF – re: the pick up - I think that D should have either gone with , “Sounds great, mind if my Mom comes along? Oh, here she is now.” or “Sounds great, mind if my friends Smith & Wesson come along?”</p>

<p>Lima – I agree with Colorado_mom – twin halos!!! I know it is nothing like what you are going through, but I spent an hour on the phone with my 98 YO grand-mother tonight. A lot of the conversation is the same, but it makes her happy just to talk.</p>

<p>

Boys will be boys. ;)</p>

<p>Through the miracle of the internet and a couple hours of haggling, “G# Moving Company” has a new (used) truck. I just wish I had enough $ left over to put new college stickers on it. :wink: I covered a lot of southeastern VA yesterday and it is covered in smoke from the Dismal Swamp fires. DW said that the smoke was even bad in Williamsburg.</p>

<p>D1 is getting settled into her apartment. The downside to the apartment… Saturday afternoon calls from her… “I’m in IKEA at Potomac Mills. How much does it cost to rent a truck?” :rolleyes: Don’t even get me started. BF built her a set of shelves and is going to build her another set with a desk. We plan to bring her dresser, bed, etc. up this coming weekend. </p>

<p>Yesterday was DW’s birthday, so she and D2 went to the spa and then the Williamsburg outlets for the day while I went in search of a truck.</p>

<p>

Too late! Don’t worry, I found a “manly” halo. ;)</p>

<p>



    .--.-.
   ( (    )__ 
  (<em>,  \ ) ,</em>)
    '- \---'
       <em>\
      \ .
      '.:.'
      .':<code>(\
        '  \\
            \\
             \\
              \\       Who are all these people?
               \\      Lima, have you seen my keys? 
                \\     Where did you put them? 
                 \\    Did the boys eat all of the cobbler? 
                  \\/@)    I’m hungry!  /
                  /(&\                 /
                 (@(\&\       <*****> /
</code> \/ .=^=.  .""".  .=^=.
                     \  `&lt;code&gt;\\(/a a\)//&lt;/code&gt;`\
                      \  \    (  L  )      }}
                      {\  \ _</em> \ = /       }}
                      {{\  '--,/'-'\,---.  }}
                      {{ \ |<code>-._/\_.-'|  \ }}
                      {{  \| Mr.||Lima|\  \}}
                      {{   |___o()o___| >  )}
                      {{   |__((<>))__|</code> .'}}
                      {{   \   o\/o   /``  }}
                      {{  ,'\   ||   / ',  }}
                      {{.'   \  ||  /|   '.}}
                             |'.||.' |
                             |    :  |
                             |    :  |
                             |    :  |
                             |    :  |
                             |    :  |
                             |    :  |
                             |_<em>__:</em><em>|
                              (</em>/ _)


</p>

<p>hope checkers had a great launch</p>

<p>good luck to tx5 tomorrow</p>

<p>lol gsharp love the MrBean halo!</p>

<p>I am back from my yoga retreat. It was a wonderful break, but I am totally stressed out now that I have been back for 3 whole hours, mostly about work. UGH.</p>

<p>Thanks to all the recappers!! I guess I’ve caught up on the news, but will have to content myself by saying “ditto” rather than trying to comment. I would like to raise a glass to p56’s toast.</p>

<p>Y</p>

<p>Aw, alice, here’s hoping you can recapture the calm. Namaste.</p>

<p>I’ve been running around like a crazy person the past couple of day, so let me send congrats to those who deserve them and good wishes to those who need them. Ever have one of those weekends where there’s a lot to process? This is one of those. Some good, some bad. I hope I can sleep tonight!</p>

<p>Oh, and I did want to tell mdem that what’s she going through is perfectly natural and healthy. Parents are thrilled to see growth in their kids. Ds1 has been much more selective about who he’s hanging out with this summer. I like that.</p>

<p>Oh Gee G#. MrBean looks wonderful. I remember the cobbler discussion, but did I write once about how I tend to lose my keys (and he never does), or did you just know? Showed it to MrBean and BB2 and they loved it. That was a lot of work, thanks. Nice to hear you found a “new” truck and D1 is settling in.</p>

<p>Bonnie, so glad to see your mom had a good meal. I decided to keep track of calories here too, and my mom barely consumed 1,000 calories so I gave her an extra Ensure.</p>

<p>P56, your link about phage gneomics is fascinating. So in-depth, so cool. yeah for your toast. Cheers <<clink with=“” my=“” sam=“” adams=“”>></clink></p>

<p>Zooser, glad your DD is okay.</p>

<p>Laf, I forgot…. the hill discussion. My kids had rejected Lehigh for that :), but they liked Laf. They thought it was more like the whole college on a hill. Why are there so many LAC in Pa?</p>

<p>YDS, you obviously weren’t here in the northeast today. It was soooo rainy today that it was one of those “stay home and reflect” days. Hope you could rest after all.</p>

<p>alice, stressed out b/c you were away on a yoga retreat? Not supposed to work that way.</p>

<p>waving ~~~ hi to BT, BU, jc, and KS ~~~</p>

<p>p56 - Great toast! Thanks. </p>

<p>acm - So glad your DH had a great birthday party. Sounds like a great time.</p>

<p>G# - Good luck with the new truck. May you have many, many happy miles together. </p>

<p>Lima - I never loose my keys… except when they don’t get stashed don’t stashed in the keys compartment pouch of my purse. (I never buy a purse without a keys compartment, also for work badge). If they are not there (rare), then I have no idea where to look next and freak out. DS had to borrow my keys the other day. When he was done with them and picked up the purse and asked where to put them, I said… “in my hand!”. That way I knew they’d get stashed away correctly ;)</p>

<p>Good morning everyone! Coffee is up.</p>

<p>P56: what a lovely toast! I’m lifting a cup of coffee in salute to the wonderful parents & students from the class of 2014 & beyond.</p>

<p>Good morning all,</p>

<p>Thanks for the coffee :)</p>

<p>This is it… we are in the departure window (as per DB) :frowning:
We are almost at the gate :eek:</p>

<p>lima ~Keys :confused: around here people move mine all the time :p</p>

<p>Waving to all Happy Monday :D</p>

<p>good morning all!! coffee is ready!! Beautiful cool day today…woke up to 64 degrees!!!</p>

<p>JC40’s D; prayinglady’s D – 8/6
Parent56’s S; SWTCAT’s D – 8/10
somewhereinga D…8/11
CheckersMidwest’ S – 8/14</p>

<p>)xoxoxoxox>Tx5’s D—8/15
BUandBC’s S, austinmtmom’s D - 8/17
Lafalum84’s D – 8/18
2education’s S1 --8/19
MaineLonghorn’s S, Twinmama D2, Shillyshally’s D, Brooklynborndad’s D – 8/20
RobD’s D; AL34’s S – 8/21
Limabeans’s BB3 – 8/22
Twinmama D1-- 8/23
LIMOMOF2’s D – 8/24
BonnieNewJersey D- 8/25
CaliforniaDancer – 8/26
Coskat’s D-- 8/27
mdemvizi, PinotNoir’s S, coloradomom’s S – 8/27
DougBetsy’s S – 8/28
SLUMOM’s S – 8/28
zoosermom’s D2 – 8/28
jbehlend’s S , donnagal’s S-- 8/29
psychmom’s D – 8/30
showmom858 D --8/31
sewemma’s S – 9/3
Yds’ ds – 9/4 (we leave the day before)
CountingDown’s S2, Mathmom’s S2, momof2inma’s D – 9/4
jackief’s D – 9/6
pugmadkate’s S – 9/7
aliceinw’s S – 9/9
ProudNJMom’s S; G#’s D2 – 9/10
Tx5’s S – 9/14
limabeans BB2; FindAPlace’s S – 9/18
2leashes’ D --9/19
psychmomma’s S – 9/20
mommusic’s S – 9/21
esobay’s S – 9/22</p>

<p>first day back to school for S3 today… should be interesting year!</p>

<p>Morning, iPeeps!</p>

<p>Decided to get up even earlier than usual to add some time to my morning walk. Hope everyone has a great day, especially Tx5 on the lanuchpad!</p>

<p>TX5~Wishing your D a safe and happy launch :)</p>

<p>Happy Monday all! The weather here is so much cooler than before…we had a great weekend and hope to continue that trend all week. I had a band concert (community band) last night and it was such a pleasure to play in weather that wasn’t 95 degrees, humid, and buggy! (You haven’t lived until you’ve taken a quick breath full of gnats and tried to continue playing.) :eek:</p>

<p>Son’s friends are mostly going back this week. I did download his bill but it’s not due until Sept. 11, so no rush.</p>

<p>H and I each have our own car keys, so no borrowing & misplacing of the various keys. The keys to the 3rd car (the one for the teenage boys) STAY in a cup on the sideboard, where S faithfully puts them each time. He broke himself of leaving them in his pants…on the floor…with the other pants. “Mom, where are the keys?” LOL</p>

<p>Must remind him to try to order books online. He’s not always successful–sometimes gets the wrong book but it’s worth a try. The other thing they can do is pre-order at the bookstore so everything is ready when they go back to campus. Very convenient, but you don’t save any money that way.</p>

<p>Woke up with “Daydream Believer” stuck in my head cause we heard it live this weekend (coffeehouse band playing music from the Boomers’ era.) Have a happy bopping day, all! :D</p>

<p>S2 came back from a few days at Martha’s Vineyard with friends. He was looking quite unshaven because he’d forgotten his razor. He couldn’t find it in his room or the bathroom and was sure we’d done something with it. Uh no. Well he found it last night - in the bag he took to Martha’s Vineyard. For smart kids, my children can be remarkably dumb!</p>

<p>Happy anniversaries, birthdays and launches to all!</p>

<p>mathmom–your son could be my son! Really.</p>

<p>what is it about son’s…mine constantly says cant find it!</p>

<p>TX5, good luck and patience today! Wishing your D a wonderful launch and a fantastic year!</p>