Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>rescue!..</p>

<p>some cute $59 dresses <a href=“http://www.jny.com/Summer-Dresses/26639399,default,sc.html?ep_tag=EM557[/url]”>http://www.jny.com/Summer-Dresses/26639399,default,sc.html?ep_tag=EM557&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>[size=+1] Happy Birthday Doug Betsy!:heart::heart:<a href=“and%20the%20same%20to%20Sir%20Paul…who%20doesn’t%20love%20him?”>/size</a></p>

<p>footballmom, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :)</p>

<p>tx5, Sending PVC thoughts your S’s way!</p>

<p>Tomorrow is S’s HS graduation…finally. Glad it will be in an air-conditioned building…it’s supposed to be an extemely hot day.</p>

<p>Belated birthday wishes to Checkers and DB, and congrats to footballmom!</p>

<p>Psychmom - a big congratulations to your S and to his proud mom and dad. :)</p>

<p>How is your D doing, btw?</p>

<p>It’s been a little crazy here for some reason and I haven’t had time to post, but I am thinking about you all and trying my best to keep up with everyone else’s posts.</p>

<p>woohoo footballmom!! great news</p>

<p>hope the exam went well tx5!</p>

<p>have fun at the graduation psychmom…congrats</p>

<p>I forgot to ask for the PVC today. I ran for an elected post with an organization. Do you think the PVC can change check marks in boxes? We voted today but won’t know the results until tomorrow or maybe next week.</p>

<p>Congrats on the graduation, psychmom! :heart:</p>

<p>That is such great news, fotballmom!</p>

<p>Youdon’tsay, not sure the PVC can change the past…good luck anyway!</p>

<p>Anyone know anyone going to the World Choir Games, coming up in 2 weeks? Tonight was the first training session for volunteers. I’m one of the moderators (announcers) and am having a panic attack thinking of all the foreign languages I need to deal with! Maybe the PVC can untwist my tongue? :D</p>

<p>Tomorrow I’m swinging by campus while I’m in the area and dropping off the vacuum cleaner. Don’t know what the cleaning crew was <em>supposed</em> to do to the common area in son’s suite, but they sure didn’t do it. :(</p>

<p>fbmom - Yea, security it a huge factor! Congrats and good luck.</p>

<p>Phooey.</p>

<p>Today I found out that my S2 will have his first day of High School on the same day as D’s college move in day. I had planned for a nice family send off for her as we were all going to drive her down to school (6 hours away). (She requested this.)</p>

<p>So now it looks like H and I will drive her down while leaving S1 in charge of S2 and getting him off to high school. I’m feeling conflicted - H hasn’t even been to the school for 2 years so should go to see where D will be living. I want to go to help her with her move-in. But I feel like S2, the third child, is getting slighted. I’m not sure if he cares or if I’m just overdoing my usual dose of mommy guilt. (S2 said he does not want to miss his first day of school.)</p>

<p>D and I are already expecting that her college graduation will be the same day as S2’s high school graduation. I was just hoping that the conflicts wouldn’t start so soon.</p>

<p>Happily, S1 doesn’t start jr. year until very late September, so he will be around to help out in whatever way is needed.</p>

<p>Belated Happy B day DB</p>

<p>good morning…coffee is on!!</p>

<p>yds, hope the pvc worked retroactively</p>

<p>psychmomma… that definitely is a phooey!!</p>

<p>Thanks all for the good wishes! I really wanted this job and I know I’ll love it!</p>

<p>Psychmomma - I hate those kinds of conflicts, especially since the younger ones tend to get slighted. Good luck in getting it all figured out. </p>

<p>YDS - hope the PVC is retroactive - good luck on the election!</p>

<p>And as always, thanks for the coffee!</p>

<p>Morning everyone. </p>

<p>Heading back to the orthopedic to check up on my foot. Still in pain but the bruising is almost gone.</p>

<p>Happy longest day of the year.</p>

<p>WE are beasts. Apparently, the PVC IS retroactive. :)</p>

<p>mdem, good luck.</p>

<p>Good Morning!</p>

<p>Happy Longest Day back at you!!</p>

<p>Psychmomma: I hate conflicts.</p>

<p>Midsummer’s Eve :slight_smile: If DH were in town we would be on the deck tonight with something nice to drink. But I have band practice and I’m not much for drinking alone anyway.</p>

<p>One year he was in Finland for Midsummer. He said it’s a huge party and barbeque time. Not much sleep is acquired but their thinking is, you can always sleep in the winter. :D</p>

<p>Cool! I forgot that today is the longest day. I like the term “midsummer’s eve.” I’ll be driving to PA after work to pick up my young nephews, who are visiting us without parents for the first time. It will be nice to drive home on the shortest night. I get to be an indulgent auntie & spoil them rotten with ice cream, then send them home in a few days, bwahahaha! >evil laugh< Practice for future grandparenthood?</p>

<p>And it’s also West Virginia Day, the day in 1863 when we voted to break away from Virginia, form our own state and align ourselves with the Union in the Civil War. This is our 149th and we’re kicking off the sesquecentennial year celebration today. If I already had my job at the development office, I’d be off work today.</p>

<p>Doctor appointment went fine. The pain I am experiencing is normal and the bruising should go down as time wanes on. I still have another week and a half of physical therapy and I am seeing improvement there so that is good. </p>

<p>Hitting about the mid-term time for my summer classes and only three weeks left for one of my online classes. Kind of ready for a vacation but no holidays anytime soon.</p>

<p>footballmom…Congrats on the new job! I agree with the whole security thing in today’s market. Good for you!</p>

<p>md…Glad you’re healing well! How’s the transition from the north to south been? </p>

<p>12rmh…I know you’re going to spoil them like crazy. I can’t wait to hear more.

Yikes! I hope not the very near future! I adore kids, but I’m not at that stage yet where I’m longing to be called “Granny”. :smiley: LOL! When does that desire kick in, BTW?</p>

<p>YDS…Hooray that it worked out! </p>

<p>psychmomma…I’m right there with you on the whole conflict thing. I think S will have APs and finals right smack at the same time as D’s college graduation. He’ll be finishing his junior year in hs and so not the kid I’d leave at home by himself for the weekend. Grandparents will be coming to college graduation which means I’ll probably have to pawn him off at a friend’s. I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who thinks things out 2-3 years in advance! ;)</p>

<p>RobD…I am thrilled with the prom dress find! Based upon what you’ve said about her, it sounds like it’s going to be absolute perfect! I hope she decides to go.</p>

<p>Checkers and DB…Happy Belated birthday!</p>

<p>psychmom…Congrats on the graduation! I know you must be very proud!</p>

<p>Enjoying my summer break immensely. Doing VERY little except reading, working out, and sleeping in late. I have to attend an AP Institute all next week, but they’re usually laid back and fun. S (hs 2015) has had football conditioning every morning along with 7 on 7 at night. He’s also practicing his driving skills, :eek: and working on finishing up some partials (merit badges) for Eagle Scout. Hopefully, he’ll knock that out this year. He’s such a procrastinator, though, who knows! D is enjoying her internship tremendously. She’s seen numerous surgeries already (first brain surgery yesterday) and is enjoying her research and conducting rounds with the med students. One of her two roommates is very different from her so I think that’s been good for her as well. It’s been a good experience thus far. :)</p>

<p>Good timing - I get to “ditto” jc40!</p>

<p>Glad to hear that you are having a relaxing summer so far, and that your D is enjoying the internship. Sounds like a fabulous learning experience.</p>

<p>My D came home late last night, and plans to use the next month to relax and get a few things in order before her apartment lease begins and she begins her first year as a non-student in 17 years. She seems great, and I am happy to have her home for a bit.</p>

<p>Glad to know that the PVC is so effective - we may need it here one of these days.</p>

<p>Stay cool - it’s hot out there! :cool:</p>