Parents of the HS Class of 2010 and college years beyond (Part 1)

<p>thanks for the coffee jbehlend!!</p>

<p>hot hot hot days ahead</p>

<p>thinking of colorado peeps!!</p>

<p>college news…“hey mom, school just announced a new masters in biotechnology program”… should i be worried??? i thought undergrad to phd or md/phd…why is he discussing a masters in there???</p>

<p>P56, maybe he is collecting degrees, BS, MS, PHD/MD…</p>

<p>thanks for the coffee jb!</p>

<p>p56 I would be worried if it isn’t funded. And also don’t see the point if going for a phd.</p>

<p>G# how exciting, hope you get a pic!</p>

<p>Laf another good non-academic college experience. Hope the trip goes well!</p>

<p>staying :cool: :cool:</p>

<p>i think he is liking this student life :)!!! i came back with but but but… mcat scores are only good for 2 years…that program is 1 1/2 years …wont work! dont think he is seriously considering it as i think he knows its kind of a waste. but does look like a good program</p>

<p>D2 remembered dad and sent me a text that she made it to work OK along with a pix of the crowd gathering outside the Supreme Court. :)</p>

<p>Cool, G#!!!</p>

<p>SCOTUS Play-by-play coming in from D2 with colorful commentary and more pix after the decision was announced. My reply is to stay safe. BTW, this is not meant to be in anyway a political post, just a semi-college related event live and in-person. My intention is to be neutral and not offend anyone (as if that that ever stopped me before ;))</p>

<p>I’m relieved that my 23-year-old D, who works at 4 different part-time jobs and has no access to health care benefits, can stay on our health insurance for now!! (I’m not being political either, GSharp- just glad that she will still have coverage until she can find something full-time :))</p>

<p>Ds2 is pulling extra hours at his congressional internship. Wonder whether it’s related to this decision?</p>

<p>Is it political to say I wept with joy upon hearing the ruling? I hope not!</p>

<p>I couldn’t take the heat combined with missing my boy so I’m writing this from Massachusetts after finding a cheap, last minute airfare. It is fabulous to be in reasonable weather and, most of all, with my son!!! (hadn’t seen him since February) I go home Sunday. Sadly, Mr PMK couldn’t get the time off, so he’s still stuck in south texas with the pups.</p>

<p>PMK - Welcome to Massachusetts. So nice to hear that you are having a visit with PMKjr. February was a very long time ago. I hadn’t seen my D since February until 2 weeks ago (and my S since March, for that matter) and it seemed like forever. Now I have them both at home for a bit.</p>

<p>I haven’t posted because I haven’t had much to say. Things are mercifullyquiet here. Hope everyone is managing to stay cool and have a good Thursday.</p>

<p>pmk, so YOU are the reason we will have the hot weather the next couple of days! Actually not ‘we’, I will be on the cape this weekend.</p>

<p>Have a great visit!</p>

<p>Need the pvc pointed at midway airport, it has been closed and D is scheduled to fly at 8:15!</p>

<p>And by the way, we were on the second page</p>

<p>Was able to buy a ticket out of O’hare for 7 hours from now for just a bit more than the old southwest ticket that I just canceled! Now its time to try to get some sleep</p>

<p>Midway closed? My D is flying into there this morning! We’re meeting up in Chicago.</p>

<p>I’m taking Megabus for the first time. :)</p>

<p>Edit: just googled it…it was closed for 4 hours overnight but is now open. Whew!</p>

<p>good morning all…coffee is ready!</p>

<p>woohoo for visit with pmkjr!</p>

<p>bit late for pvc but glad it worked out munequita!!</p>

<p>mommusic, let me know about your megabus trip. D is taking it in Aug from Chicago to Cleveland to meet us for D2’s move in (actually for our pre-move-in activities- ball game and Cedar Point!)</p>

<p>And have a good trip! and Menequita’s D also! what happened at Midway?</p>

<p>jackie, The runway lights failed at midway. </p>

<p>I was lucky to find a ticket out of o’hare for about the same price as the other, had to pay for the suitcase but it worked out. </p>

<p>I am exhausted, I am too old for this!</p>

<p>Today is a celebratory day in our household - DD turns 20!! </p>

<p>Cause for further celebration is that we no longer have a teenager in the family for the first time in 10 years… </p>

<p>And to top things off, our Golden Retriever turns 10 today so hopefully we will have another one in 3 years!!!</p>

<p>Scualum - Congratulations!! We hit the same milestone on Tuesday - S turned 20 and no more teenagers! I think he was more stunned about his being 20 than we were. “Mom, am I really 20?”</p>

<p>Hope everyone is enjoying this day, and looking forward to a good weekend.</p>