<p>Scalum: Happy Birthday to your DD and to your puppy! :D</p>
<p>PMK: Enjoy your visit with your S!</p>
<p>Taking a break from work. We close next week for vacation so I’m trying to get everything done. Guess it’s time to figure out what I’m going to do with my week off. </p>
<p>On my way home and working from home next week, so a whole week with no planes!</p>
<p>As promised, I think Im caught up </p>
<p>Checkers The outdoors isnt very kind to S10, is it? </p>
<p>Scualum Happy Birthday to DD and DGR!</p>
<p>ProudNJMom Simple, bring S2 with you to the BBQ and bulk him up. Hope you have a great week off. You could do what I am doing and fill it with exciting events like getting the cars inspected, oil changes, and A/C service. Its all part of the glamorous life of a college parent. ;)</p>
<p>12rmh18 Thanx for checking. DW came though the storms OK. BTW, was your S anywhere near the Supreme Court on Thursday?</p>
<p>LAF We have purse drama at our house too. The difference is that I am strictly forbidden to tag along on those excursions, so I get insulated. Outlets and G# are mutually exclusive. In case you need more drama, I can forward you and your D the daily emails that I get from D&B and Coach though. ;)</p>
<p>
Remind me not to hire you to plan my next vacation.</p>
<p>
You I could hire for a vacation. I really like Lake George and have stayed in the little town of Hague (south of Ticonderoga) for business. I never had a problem with being very hot as it was almost always January or February when I was there. I have never seen it w/o at least some snow.</p>
<p>
We have enjoyed that D1 and D2 have taken one night a week to cook dinner and watch TV together in DC. D1 even posted pix on FB.</p>
<p>
Trust me, it doesnt take long to get over that hotel love. If I saved all those little shampoos I could open my own Lilliputian Paul Mitchell outlet. ;)</p>
<p>Mommusic I needed you on speed dial Monday night when I left the Taft Theatre behind everyone from the Reds game and someone in their infinite wisdom decided that would be a good time to do construction on I-75N. I would have gotten off the interstate, if I had a clue where I was. BTW, are you in charge of Cintis thermostat this week?</p>
<p>
Maybe you have a head in the clouds kid too? read on.</p>
<p>
It can mean only 1 thing. You have 3 ½ hours of What Not to Say ahead of you followed closely by 3 ½ hours of What You Shouldnt Have Said and I cant believe you did that. ;)</p>
<p>
DW would have done the same thing right after she had a condo built for it and hired a staff to cater to its every need. ;)</p>
<p>Re: Swimming Pools Both of my Ds have been lifeguards and luckily, like footballmoms S2, spent most of their time blowing their whistles at ill-behaved children (wishing they could blow them at the parents instead). At their pool, there is a rope between the shallow end (3-ish) and deep end (5). Kids have to show the lifeguard that they can swim 2 widths of the pool without stopping or holding on to anything before they are allowed in the deep end.</p>
<p>Re: College Visits Better you than me.</p>
<p>Re: Costco Runs Better you than me.</p>
<p>DW called me one night this week after being stung 4 times by wasps. She was swollen, taking Benedryl, and not in a good mood. I called her back a few times just to check on her. She accused me of just being sure that she was still alive so that I wouldnt have to get the emotional calls from the Ds on top of the technical / administrative calls. ;)</p>
<p>College related news from D2, Oh, I remembered to check my grades. (Only a month late). All were good, but she was especially happy with her Spanish Poetry grade. This is the class for which they received no feedback during the semester and was just brutal in the workload. I think she hopes to never read any Spanish poetry ever again. At the very least, she has stricken Spanish Poet off of her career choice list. However, she did visit the Department of Justice this week and found a job that she really likes and was pleased to see that she could get it with a PhD and wouldnt have to have a JD. :rolleyes: I think weve raised a career student. Maybe her head will eventually come out of the clouds. She was also pleased to find out that she could get a real job at the place of her internship with her major and did not need a specialized major / degree. FA awards came out this week. I guess it is good that there were no surprises, but we didnt exactly win the NJ lottery either. :rolleyes: We also received a bill for $1.50 any chance that this is Fall tuition, room, and board? ;)</p>
<p>Between the regular May/June end of the school year activities, D1’s graduation and the end of S3’s junior year, I had a huge stress ball in my chest for about 6 weeks. But I am happy to report that, after a week off, I am caught up, well rested, and the stress ball has disappeared. Woo hoo! And the best news is I have one more week off! I will be taking two “proper” vacations in August. We will be going to Lake Tahoe for a week for a family reunion and then my mom, sister, S2 and I are going to NYC for 4 days to go to the US Open. </p>
<p>Scualum: Happy birthday to DD and your sweet puppy. We always considered our puppies teenagers when their hormones hit (about 8 months). </p>
<p>Heading out for the weekend. Tomorrow is a “mandatory fun” day with the in-laws, and Sunday we are moving S into his new apartment. Thank you for all the good PVC vibes that helped to make this apartment lease possible!</p>
<p>Haven’t checked in here in awhile - busy at work and busy at home. Glad I finally had a few minutes to pay a quick visit.</p>
<p>PMK - so happy you got to visit PMKjr! Sounds like you needed it!</p>
<p>GSharp - cool that your D got to visit the Supreme Court yesterday and that she’s enjoying her internship. </p>
<p>Laf - wow about your D getting to attend her sorority’s National meeting. I wonder if D’s sorority does anything like that? If so, I haven’t heard anything about it.</p>
<p>D should be getting ready to leave for her study abroad program - and I do see the pile of things she plans to take growing - the only thing is that her suitcase is not growing along with the pile she’s creating.</p>
<p>I did some digging and found the dates for this coming year’s Family Weekend in September. keep in mind freshman families won’t receive this info until mid or late July. Thought I’d check out some hotels and they’re ALL booked. Every one of them. I found a Holiday Inn express about half an hour away in the next town, so I booked it. Crazy.</p>
<p>Denmon & English from Mizzou’s basketball team signed with the NBA today. One going to the Pistons and the other to the Spurs. Cool…seen them both play.</p>
<p>I was looking at the weather map of the country while watching the morning news and it looks like here on the coast in SoCal we are the only place in the county that is not in the red. </p>
<p>We have power which makes us one of the lucky ones. Seventy percent of West Virginia is without it and Governor Tomblin has declared a state of emergency. I’m especially glad because H has been in the hospital with a serious kidney stone and will at least be able to go home to a cool house.</p>
<p>Thanks for the coffee, p56. And Happy Canada Day! I spent many summers at summer camp in Canada - but I’d forgotten all about Canada Day until I read your post.</p>
<p>Things are nice and calm around here with both kids home, summer weather, and not much going on. I like it. Looking forward to a short work week this week, and a 3 day yoga retreat starting Friday. Life is good. Hope everyone else has blessings to count this day.</p>
<p>Thanks Aliceinw - I definitely do! My H is out of the hospital and feeling much better, we didn’t lose our power like 75 percent of the state Friday and my nearest and dearest have had theirs restored. And I start my new job tomorrow - I feel like a kid the day before the first day of school! Enjoy your yoga retreat.</p>
<p>Morning all! Finally able to check in on more than a phone :)</p>
<p>Footballmom: glad that your Dh is out of the hospital & that you have power!</p>
<p>Supposed to be hot again here today. Nashville hit a record of 109 on Friday, but I’m not complaining as there is virtually no humidity. Really, it didn’t feel much hotter than my car does in January & I’m driving alone with the heat blasting up all the way :)</p>
<p>Quick drive by posting from Starbucks. We are OK but have no power or Internet or AC. It’s miserable in 100 degree heat. Had a Use it or Lose it party to use up food in our freezer. Lots of trees down in my area. Winds came through with almost no warning - sounded like a freight train roaring down the street. DH got to experience the storm twice: first in an airplane over WV - they got bounced around pretty badly - then a 2nd time on the ground when he landed. Tree hit a transformer as he was driving past & he watched the electricity arc down the lines. Hopefully we get power back tomorrow. Thinking of the other DC peeps. Hope everyone is OK.</p>