<p>Showmom, the icepacks are key. One suggestion I’ve heard - get two old CLEAN tube socks, tie the toes of the two socks together, slip sandwich-sized zip locks of frozen peas into them, then tie the open tops around the top of her head so the frozen pees are on her jaw. It holds them in place really well. </p>
<p>I had some minor eye surgery yesterday and have a ziplock of frozen peas over my left eye, being held in place by one of D’s headbands, as I type. I am the Pea Pirate. Showmom’s D and I would make a lovely pair. :p</p>
<p>you can also take plasic bags of water and put some rubbing alcohol in the water, put it in freeer but it wont freeze completely due to the alcohol and you can mold it around her jaw</p>
<p>I am very impressed with the creative ice wraps!!! I ditto PNJ’s good well wishes to Showmom’s D and LAF the pirate!</p>
<p>S3 still needs his wisdom teeth out, but there is never time!! Maybe I can fit it in in August, but then he might miss a few days of XC which will not make the coach happy. Hmmmm. </p>
<p>No news here. Having the college kids home is seriously impacting my food budget. I forgot how much they eat! Having a family of 3 is so much easier! Since S2 will be in an apartment next year I am trying to stress independence and the importance of insuring dishes get rinsed promptly. </p>
<p>Just stopping by to check in. Joining in the well wishes for showmom’s D and Laf.</p>
<p>Things are quiet around here, so not much to report. I am definitely enjoying having both kids home, and not looking forward to D’s departure. I’m also finding it a bit funny to plan for a child who is no longer a student to be away. What do we do about car insurance - she doesn’t have her own car, and we’re trying to decide whether to drop her from our insurance. And she needs tenants’ insurance, which she didn’t need before. And a doctor. And a dentist, etc. etc. Yes, she’s taking care of many of these things herself, but she wouldn’t know she needed to take care of them if we didn’t think of them. Yikes. What am I forgetting?</p>
<p>Today is the end of my 4-day week Too bad I can’t do this year round !</p>
<p>exterminator here this afternoon to spray for spiders. they terrify me and after S’ bite this spring, I’m determined to keep them away.</p>
<p>just thought I’d report that school supplies are out in our Wal Mart. Cannot believe where the summer has gone.</p>
<p>PVC ready for P56’ son ! Good luck !</p>
<p>Read the paper this morning. Our city council is going to pass an ordinance for a 11:00 pm curfew for kids under 16. they originally wanted it to be anyone 18 & under. the next town over has that…my son was stopped at McDonald’s by the police after a movie one night & harassed…until they figured out he wasn’t from there & where he’d been. Not sure what they will do when the football bus gets back after 11:00 sometimes on a Friday night or when there’s a dance, or when the kids have been bowling or to the movies an hour away & still have to drive home. maybe that’s why they decided on under 16, since that’s when kids here drive regularly. Not sure how that will work. d15 has to be home by 11:00, but is sometimes later if she’s had a game.</p>
<p>checkers we don’t have a curfew, but MA drivers’ licenses for kids under 18 are only good from 5 am - midnight. If they’re driving between midnight and 5 am they can get a ticket. Works pretty much as well as a curfew.</p>
<p>Poor D2 is very uncomfortable today. She is still icing her face, but is very swollen. She told me she misses real food. Her bf and friends have been great coming over to watch movies and keep her company. Tonight was Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Almost Famous.</p>
<p>I’m glad our town doesn’t have a curfew - that sounds like way too much infringement on our liberty and 11 pm seems way to early for the weekend. We have had junior licenses since 2010. Most of my son’s friends were within walking distance so it didn’t stop them from socializing.</p>
<p>Ds2 came over last night for dinner and a movie. Fun. Today is Bring Your Child to Work Day at his office, which means that he gets to eat and play with the little ones all day. Of course, he waited until the last minute to do his student visa stuff. :rolleyes: He’s still waiting to hear about study- abroad scholarships and his revised FA package. The delay on that is starting to concern me.</p>
<p>glad the PVC worked and those recovering from surgery are doing well.</p>
<p>think we need it aimed at the SA and FA offices for YDS’s S.</p>
<p>PVC also worked for D2 for class registration yesterday morning. She called me at 8:45 that the internet wasn’t working at camp. H had been helping her debug it- power cycle the router, power cycle the cable modem, etc. She gave me her pw so I could click the button if she wasn’t able to. She did get the internet working again before 9 and got into all the academic classes. PE classes she had wanted were already full with upperclassmen.</p>
<p>All is well, no news. It rained here last night, which is extremely rare this time of year and was very unexpected. We get a lot of low clouds, fog and sometimes mist, but not real rain. Good news is that the car got a bath!</p>
<p>tx5athome - it sprinkled down my way, but no real rain. It has been a bit muggy here the past couple of days.</p>
<p>D2 is feeling a bit better today after the wisdom teeth were taken out on Wednesday. D1 is going to be in charge of her for the weekend.</p>
<p>H and I are going to Las Vegas tonight through Sunday. One of the projects he works on outside his regular job has a convention this weekend so we are off to the heat! There will be a couple of other wives there I know so I will have someone to talk to during the day. I am loading the Kindle with a couple of books and I expect we will do some shopping there. H and I don’t gamble and it is really too hot at this time of year for anthing outside. We will go somewhere for a nice dinner on Saturday night.</p>
<p>Happy Friday 13th from the airport! Not sure what I am heading home to. DW is not feeling well and is picking me up at the airport (1+ hours from home), despite me trying to convince her to let me just rent a car for the weekend it would cost us $0. She insists on picking me up and just not to expect charm and conversation, ergh!</p>
<p>DB Glad to hear that Goofball made it safely, albeit sans bedding.</p>
<p>Mdem (aka flem, but that doesnt sound very nice) Congrats on the A!</p>
<p>Showmom Enjoy Las Vegas and Im sure that D1 will be a wonderful chipmunk-sitter.</p>
<p>Psychmom Glad to hear that you will be here for approximately 10 years. ;)</p>
<p>
Or maybe its her way of easing you into I know that <h> doesnt like coffee, but I do and since he has asked me to move in with you I thought that I should contribute. BTW, I like mine with cream and sugar. Be a good dear, will you? ;)</h></p>
<p>
So, what did you ladies do after breakfast? ;)</p>
<p>
Just ask my DW. ;)</p>
<p>Glad to hear that things are going well for BB2 (aka Mr. Moneybags) and I hope that things work out well for BB1.</p>
<p>
I have a better chance of entering the Barbershop Division as a barber. However, it sounds like I could join LAFs former choir.</p>
<p>
This quote was brought to you by the Birdseye Medical Division, If Its Urgent, then You Have to Pea. ;)</p>
<p>
Bourbon, instead of rubbing alcohol, makes a refreshing alternative which after the initial application can be consumed in sufficient quantities to completely eliminate all pain. This message brought to you by Wild Turkey Pharmaceuticals or WTPh? for short. </p>
<p>
I see he got one of your special ice packs. Glad to hear that S1s surgery went well!</p>
<p>
Not really, it just means that I will spend the next few weeks hoping to not see the headline, Columbus Manuscripts Destroyed by Frappuccino. ;)</p>
<p>The college news this week involved boys, so you gotta ask DW what that call was all about. To my knowledge, there is no news. D2 will be home this weekend so that she can go to the eye doctor on Monday morning requesting the use of the pvc on Monday. We will be working on the move-in, fall break, and Thanksgiving logistics this weekend.</p>