Agree!! We hosted a rotary exchange student from France and took her to Harvard and a tour of Boston College (my daughter was touring). It was so fun for her to see American schools and she definitely knew Harvard and that was about it - lol.
wow, so much good news this morning (or last night). Congrats to all your kiddos ![]()
We are joining the Pitt gang! S26 accepted today!
ETA: And he’s excited about it! This is a big deal because I didn’t think he’d given much thought to it when applying but the news has made him look into it more and he is feeling good.
Wooohooo! Excellent news.
Congratulations!
Fantastic news! Congratulations!!
Yay! Congratulations
Would love to see that! I love unique prom dresses. We went all out last year to find the perfect dress. D26 wanted a simple elegance. It was stunning on her and so different than her peers. I hope she finds something she loves as much this year.
We also are not in the T camp, but I find all of the college talk fascinating. And I am same as you with the portals. Heart beating out of my chest! I know we just want our kids to be happy and part of that is also being proud of themselves. Which can be hard when their peers are seemingly ahead.
These aren’t great pictures because I pulled low-res ones off Facebook, lol, but you get an idea. The fabric is sort of an iridescent silk, and it looked really pretty in person!
And, because D26 loves to be dramatic while my D22 is understated, she wants THIS. ![]()
At first, she just sent me the website without specifying which dress. I looked through and told her, um, no – those are a little too tavern wench for you to wear to prom. ![]()
But, I don’t mind this one. The sleeves do pull up to the shoulders in case she needs help holding up the dress (she’s not super curvy).
And did I mention she’s 6 feet tall? (A little north of 6 feet actually.) If anyone can pull it off, she can!
So great to wake up to the Tech and Grinnel news. Big congratulations to all! ![]()
![]()
![]()
@Wjs1107 welcome to the Pitt ‘26 club!! It’s my son’s #1 but we’re waiting on merit. He’s in for civil engineering. Praying all the time it comes through. I know in my gut that it’s the right school for him and he’s in love with it! H2P! ![]()
![]()
I saw on the Pitt thread that his intended major is philosophy… Pitt is world renowned for its philosophy department!
Absolutely gorgeous!
It’s absolutely stunning!! What an amazing job turning it into a prom dress too! I’m sure as a sari it was stunning as well.
Congrats to all on the acceptances! RIT, Georgia Tech, Grinnell, Pitt - did I miss any? Amazing!!!
My computer is being slow and I was hundreds of posts behind. Once I reply to one it takes me to the end and I can’t figure out where I was before. Slowly made it back and now afraid to try and go back to each of the responses - but congrats to all!! Next week is our big week for top choices. Fingers crossed for acceptances.
This is how my D26 felt about Pitt, too – applied on a whim, but then we started looking at it, and there’s so much to like! We’re booked for an admitted students day in late Feb, but I don’t know if she’ll change her mind after the Ga Tech news.
This is absolutely gorgeous!
Ha, add C26 to this list. They actually only applied because mom “made” them after seeing everyone’s good views of it on here!
Congratulations
so exciting to be done ![]()
I should have said he was accepted—he hasn’t made up his mind yet. Pitt is his first acceptance and it’s a good one!
You need to tour . We’ve been there several times over the last 2 years between admission events and cheer related stuff. It has come a long way from what I had remembered!
They have invested a lot in the student experience and it doesn’t feel as large as it is.
Very diverse student body which is so appealing to my daughter. It may surprise you in a good way!

