Parents of the HS class of 2027

Congratulations to everyone who’s been working on lists, having fun summer experiences (including relaxing and having fun with friends), potentially working on college applications, and getting ready for their senior year of high school!

For those of you who have been visiting colleges, it would be great to share your family’s reactions in this thread:

I saw this, and I just had to comment.

A 32 composite score is at the 97th percentile, i.e. only 3% of test-takers scored higher. The mean (average) ACT score is a 19.2 (source).

The average high school GPA is a 3.11, or a 3.56 for academic courses (source).

Your kid is performing WAY above average academically, as are the kids of most people posting on CC. Please don’t let academic stats posted around here impact your family’s understanding that your kid is academically awesome.

(And though I’m quoting you, @COMom3, I think it’s a good reminder for everyone on CC.)

14 Likes