Part-Time MBA, undergrad in engineering, Pittsburgh area

<p>Hey folks, I havn't been here in a while, but I know some of you guys (and girls) are very knowledgable about the whole "MBA" scene, so I thought I'd come back and pick your brains.</p>

<p>I am now (almost officially) 1 semester away from graduating with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from a Top 25 engineering school (I believe we're currently #13 in the nation for M E), and I have just officially landed an entry-level job that I"m very excited about. It's a great opportunity with a descent salary, and it's in the Pittsburgh area. I'm also engaged; my fiance already has a teaching job in Western PA as well. I say this all just to illustrate that I now have a geographic restriction: the Pittsburgh area.</p>

<p>As with most engineers, my entry-level position is mostly a design-and-analyze type engineering position, but within 5 years I see myself transitioning into a management role of one kind or another, probably engineering management. I intend to enroll in an M.B.A. program within two years after graduation, and with working on it part-time, I should have 5 years experience when I finally earn my M.B.A. (I've heard 5 years experience WITH an m.b.a. is desirable).</p>

<p>So, I wanted to pick your brains about Pittsburgh area M.B.A. programs. I'm looking into 3 of them. Please give me any comments/feedback/advise you can think of:</p>

<p>1) Carnegie Mellon - This is, of course, the most highly regarded school in the Pittsburgh area. I'm aware of the prestige, but I"m also aware of the cost. I'm trying to evaluate the risk/reward here. My ambitions are not necessarily to own a fortune 500 company someday, but are instead a bit more grounded and realistic (upper middle-management, perhaps in engineering management, supply-chain management, finance, something like this). I'm not completely sure if the company is willing to pay an unlimited amount in tuition reimbursement, or only up too a certain level (5000 or 10000 a year, something like this).</p>

<p>2) University of Pittsburgh - A perrenial Top 50 business school, but generally closer to #35 than it is #15 (as CMU is), but it comes with a significanly smaller price-tag. The website seems to indicate that it has a great deal of options available for specializations.</p>

<p>3) Duquesne University - A fairly reputable regional school, but perhaps not the same national recognition as the other two schools. I've had a hard time finding much of any opinions/facts about the program outside of their own website (I'd like a second opinion). Does anybody have any opinions about Duquesne's m.b.a. program? The sticker-shock here is also considerably less than CMU's.</p>

<p>What I"m hoping for is some opinion's about whether or not the price is worth it at CMU when compared to earning the same degree from Pitt or Duquesne for free. Also, if I were to decide to take the cheaper route, any thoughts about the Pitt vs. Duquesne option would be much appreciated as well.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance for any thoughts any of you have.</p>

<p>Kinger</p>