Parties in high school

<p>Do people party at your school and if so, what types of people do and how often do they do it?</p>

<p>Yes. Very much so. I go to an International School in another country. So the policies of clubbing, smoking, drinking, and etc... are not the same as in the US. It tends to be a weekly thing for most.
I don't party because I'm simply not aloud to go out as much because of parental restrictions.</p>

<p>What types of people party? It's really a set group of people that just party but you see a lot of upperclassman going clubbing and if you tend to me one of the 9/10th graders who has a sibling who is a junior/senior than you go as well. But it isn't restricted to a defined group of people.</p>

<p>Hope that answers your question.</p>

<p>No real private, large parties besides graduation parties. Other than that, there are School and Group Balls/Proms... Nothing else really.</p>

<p>Yes.. a lot. Just about everyone does it at my school, except the "good kids."</p>

<p>Yea, people party, including myself. Everyone pretty much parties except for the real "good" kids or the nerdy kids. Keep in mind that the "good"/nerdy kids aren't necessarily the smartest ones, they're just the ones that aren't as sociable as others and don't go to parties. Granted, there are a lot of smart kids that don't party, but there are a lot that do. Parties are limited to Fridays and Saturdays, and since I live in a small town some weekends go by without any parties being offered.</p>

<p>a lot of kickbacks happen, if not actual parties (almost always open-invite). it's a very liberal environment here. the kinds of people who party range the whole spectrum.</p>

<p>haha. I'm homeschooled, so my friends go to parties and do English Country Dancing with dress codes that say "your skirt must cover your knees, and no tank tops."
meh. I don't like the idea of going to a public high school party. I'm sure it's great for some, but I wouldn't want to risk the stupid things I'd probably end up doing.</p>

<p>Edit: Misread the question.</p>

<p>ATL suburbs: There's the borderline-alcoholic crowd, the smart-but-social crowd, the straight-edge kids, and the awkward crowd. As for public vs. private schools, people seem to do the same thing everywhere.</p>

<p>The private school kids do coke lawl.</p>

<p>It's mainly the popular preppy/jock kids that have like stereotypical high school parties. The type of people I hang out with are more like, "hey, let's maybe hang out at the green."</p>