Passionate supporters for a female President - What do you plan to do next?

<p>

</p>

<p>It is for Jeramiah Wright and Jesse Jackson Jr and Louis Farrakhan and the rest of Obama’s associates.</p>

<p>How dare you talk to me about race. I’m not the one voting in a 90%+ racial block. I’m not the DNC member on national TV saying that the New Democratic Party doesn’t need to white and Latino/a voters.</p>

<p>That’s OK. I hope the New Democratic Party keeps lobbing accusations of racism against the 18 million Democrats who voted for Clinton. That’s an e-ticket ride to a crushing defeat in November.</p>

<p>I think it’s Iraq that Obama hasn’t visited. I don’t know if he’s been to the Canal Zone, either, so McCain may have that over him as well.</p>

<p>No, it’s not all about race. IDad makes some valid points, not the least of which is the desire of a large section of the populace to vote for the most centrist candidate they can find. That’s why H and I were origlly for Hillary, and I must confess that had a lot to do with our feeling that Bill was a very centrist president. I still think it’s cause B&H are so centrist is why the Dem Party hates them so much. And by that I mean party elders. The primary vote count shows that 50% of the voters like Hillary. I heard a couple in NC on the radio during that primary. The wife was for Hillary. Her H was voting Hillary, but he said it was cause he liked Bill and he wished it was Bill running, but if he voted Hillary he could get Bill back in the WH. This NC man felt the country was better off with Bill Clinton and he wanted that back.</p>

<p>Here are some reasons for voting McCain if what you want is a centrist (now that HRC is gone). Obama is no centrist.</p>

<p>[Bad</a> News for GOP Can Be Good News for McCain by Froma Harrop on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent](<a href=“http://www.creators.com/opinion/froma-harrop/bad-news-for-gop-can-be-good-news-for-mccain.html]Bad”>http://www.creators.com/opinion/froma-harrop/bad-news-for-gop-can-be-good-news-for-mccain.html)</p>

<p>But you know, Donna Brazile didn’t say that, at least as far as I can find. What I found was Paul Begala, a Clinton supporter, accusing her of thinking that, and her arguing with him. What she did say was that the Democratic Party was getting a lot of new voters and didn’t JUST have to rely on white and Latino voters. I think you understand that very well, because only an idiot–and Donna Brazile isn’t one–could think that Obama could win without plenty working class white voters and Latinos. But you are pushing this meme of the New Democratic Party to paint it as the Black Democratic Party. I expect to hear similar types of things from lots of Republicans over the next few months.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>He visited Iraq as part of a congressional delegation in 2006</p>

<p>“Louis Farrakhan and the rest of Obama’s associates.”</p>

<p>Excuse me, how again is Louis Farrakhan one of Obama’s associates? I’ve never even read a report that they’ve ever been in the same room together.</p>

<p>“Obviously, as a man you have no stake in Roe v. Wade.”</p>

<p>Individuals are free to decide whether or not they have a personal stake in a particular law…but it is NOT obvious to me that being a man means that you have no stake in Roe v. Wade. A lot of men (like my dad) feel that they have a personal stake in what happens to their daughters, wives, sisters, etc., as well as any pregnancies they may father.</p>

<p>“He visited Iraq as part of a congressional delegation in 2006.”</p>

<p>My bad. The criticism is that he hasn’t visited lately.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Not across the board, but she’s a centrist on the big picture issues of fiscal responsiblity, balanced budgets, and strong national security. I also view her as a “centrist” in that she has track record with both liberal interest groups and corporate America. Both are essential for leadership of the world’s largest capitalist economy.</p>

<p>Likewise, McCain is not centrist enough for my taste, but among the universe of Republicans, he’s as close to the middle as they get.</p>

<p>Fact of the matter is that neither party represents my views whatsoever. I find the Pelosi, moveon, Howard Dean, John Kerry elements that control the New Democratic Party as repugnant as I do the neocons. Nobody is really speaking to moderate centrist voters.</p>

<p>I think it’s also interesting that Interesteddad raps Obama for his association with Jesse Jackson, Jr. Jesse Jackson, Jr. is a U.S. Representative from Chicago. I can’t see how associating with him is an issue for one of Illinois’ Senators. Perhaps you were trying to make us think of his father?</p>

<p>Hunt,</p>

<p>Even if Obama takes McCain up on his invitation to visit Iraq, he can’t go to the Canal Zone, since it no longer exists. Advantage McCain?</p>

<p>Wow what is it about Obama that makes you want to vote against him so much. Just because he was born with a silver spoon doesnt make him a bad person. It wasnt his choice to be born with a silver spoon either.</p>

<p>This is the democratic party one and only chance for a while to have a democratic president and yet people are going to cross party lines. Even conservative republicans who dislike McCain, will still vote for him. </p>

<p>…And this is probably the Democrats major problem. They party/organization is not run well.</p>

<p>Perhap’s a change to “selfinteresteddad” is in order. I guess I have nothing at stake when it comes to poor black southern women either, but I will vote to protect their rights just as I would my own. I have nothing at stake with regard to gay rights, but when Thomas and Scalia see themselves as fighting the “homosexual agenda” then I feel compelled to limit their access to the ammunition.</p>

<p>“Just because he was born with a silver spoon”</p>

<p>You’re talking about Obama? What silver spoon?</p>

<p>McCain had more of a silver spoon than Obama. Obama is from a broken home, lived with his grandparents, etc. McCain was the son and grandson of a Navy Admiral, and cruised into the Naval Academy (where he did poorly). He’s also way richer than Obama now, because he married a beer heiress.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>You and I may have a different opinon of Donna Brazille’s “political acumen”. Be that as it may, I’m glad that she can put her hypothesis about her New Democratic Party to the test because she is going to have to win without relying on my vote.</p>

<p>Obama’s silver spoon?? What is that? Hybrid vigor?</p>

<p>So even after I point out that what you said about her isn’t true, you just repeat it? Do you have some other source of information that I’m not aware of?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>No. I like Jesse Jackson, Sr. </p>

<p>It’s junior (Obama’s National Campaign Co-Chair) who went on national TV hours after the NH primary and accused Senator Clinton of being racist because she didn’t cry over Katrina.</p>

<p>This would be the same Clinton family that raised billions of dollars for Katrina relief through their family charity headquartered on 125th Street in Harlem.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Then, why in the world would I vote for a New Democratic Party candidate who staged gay-bashing gospel campaign events in black venues across South Carolina? That’s not what I stand for.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I voted for the strongest pro-choice advocate in the Democratic primaries. The New Democratic Party opted to go with a candidate with a history of ducking abortion bills with “present” votes. Don’t ask me to vote for that kind of spineless political expediency.</p>