Penn state admission chances

<p>What are my chances and how long should i expect a response?</p>

<p>I have a 3.2 gpa, 1830 sat (670 math, 590 writing, 570 reading), Job every summer, varsity sports, lots of club involvement and volunteer work, Alumni (my dad donates as well), and i applied for the summer sessoin. I sent my application on october 13th.</p>

<p>You will definitely get in. It's all about SAT's and GPA. ave incoming sat's are 1230 range. If you don't get main campus I'll be really surprised.</p>

<p>Is it just me or is the above post confusing to say the least? The average SAT score (in general!) is 1,600. How is it that a university like Penn would have an average of 1,230?</p>

<p>@mymonomania
The SAT that Inhabitant000 is referring to is the one including critical reading and math only which has a max of 1600. So the average incoming SAT is a 1230 range. Many schools do not count the 3rd section (writing) which you are referring to.</p>

<p>I am also applying but to engineering.
I have a 1340 on SAT on SAT's(710 math, 630 critical reading), 3.55 UW GPA (dont know weighted) With varsity sports, massive involvement in concert band and marching band, as well as a little bit of community service my senior year. I am also in state and applied Oct. 21. What do you think my chances are?</p>

<p>I was admitted for spring entry 2012</p>

<p>I had 1800 sat score, and had good gcses 2(a+) 3(a) 4(b)</p>

<p>had a great essay though so probably was a factor in my acceptance.</p>

<p>good luck to you guys</p>

<p>@osman1991
When did you receive your acceptance letter and when did you apply</p>

<p>I had my application received by the university on october 1st, and accepted on november 3rd.</p>

<p>are u too trying for spring?</p>

<p>I'm applying to start fall 2012. Although i havent received a decision i encourage you guys to keep checking all sources (email, website, and mail) because i've had some friends accepted and they all receive their first notification from a different source</p>