Penn VS Brown VS Duke for pre-med as a junior transfer

<p>Hey, I am currently a sophomore at Smith College, and I got into penn, brown and duke as a junior transfer. I am having such a hard time making up my mind. I am majoring in neuroscience and planning on going to medical school afterwards.
I know those three are all great schools for pre-med, and I am also considering staying at Smith since it has a pretty good liberal arts education in science and pre-medical field. The reason why I applied for transferring was that I did not like the neuroscience program here that much, but my ultimate direction would still be going to a great medical school and becoming a neuropsychiatrist.
I am not sure if it's worth it for me to leave my current school to compete with other students who have already stayed at one institution for two years. I am also worried that at those bigger schools I will have to compete with graduate students for research opportunities and professors' time. Please let me know what your thoughts are on this, and I'd really appreciate your help. =)</p>

<p>I do not think transferring at this point makes any sense, especially if you like your current school. If your ultimate goal is to go to medical school, the "intensity" of your undergraduate neuroscience program is less relevant. Your goal should be to attend medical school and pursue your neuropsychiatry training during residency. </p>

<p>If you transfer, the adcoms may question the reasons why you did so. At the same time, you will be less known to the premed advisors and to the professors who will be writing your letters of recommendation. </p>

<p>By the way, Brown has one of the best (among the existing few) Neuropsychiatry residency programs in the country. You should check it out when the time comes...*after *you finish med school...</p>

<p>Hey MyOpinion, thank you very much for the reply! I think what you said definitely makes sense to me, and it's also what I have been struggling about. In terms of how much I like my current school, I would say I am mostly fine with the academics here, but I would like to meet more exciting and interesting people, which I value a lot in my undergraduate experience. I assume that in those bigger schools I will have more opportunities to do so. However, if transfer will possibly hurt my med school application , I think I might as well stay. I would conclude from your words that it will actually do no good to my med school application if I transfer, is it correct?</p>

<p>If anyone else could give me some advices, it would be great! Thanks!</p>

<p>Obviously not a good decision to transfer this late. Unless you care that much about the name of the college on your degree.</p>

<p>Most students begin to feel more comfortable with their schools as sophomores and juniors. You will be starting all over again, and what if in fact you don't like your new school and never end up meeting all those new "interesting people" you are expecting to meet ?. Again, I do not believe that transferring at this point will look as a plus in your med school application either, especially when you do not seem to have a very powerful reason.</p>

<p>You go to a great, very well-respected school. Starting over with prof's sets you back come LOR time. Maybe you can take advantage of the 5 College Consortium to add some excitement to your social/academic life? IOW, stay put and make the most of your opportunities. You can get anywhere you want from Smith.</p>

<p>Great opinions! Thank you! I think I get what you guys mean, and I agree that stay here at Smith is the best option for me at this point. =)</p>