People In Bay Area Are More "Fit" Than People In Los Angeles

<p>I always find health and fitness statistics interesting, so I thought I’d share this with all of you.</p>

<p>[America’s</a> 50 Largest Metro Areas Get Their Annual Physical - MSN Health & Fitness - Fitness](<a href=“http://health.msn.com/fitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100259544]America’s”>http://health.msn.com/fitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100259544)</p>

<p>Apparently, out of the most fit cities in America, San Francisco was ranked 8th while Los Angeles was ranked 38th. I find this odd because Los Angeles seems to be the land of the low-carb, zero trans fat, salt-free, organic whole foods, gym rat, image obsessed type of people and you’d think they’d be at the top of a list like this. So, perhaps there are more good-looking healthy people in the Bay Area and less in Los Angeles than previously anticipated by those who have made the argument that the reason to go to UCLA is because of the “hot girls.” Anyways… just a thought.</p>

<p>i’m not surprised at all…los angeles never struck out to be any of those things you mentioned lol, especially not organic whole foods…that has to be the bay haha (though i think i live near the largest whole foods in the nation, the one near de anza…)</p>

<p>Think about how large LA is in comparison to San Francisco, though! LA is WAY bigger!</p>

<p>At DVC they have organic sugar at our Peet’s. Ugh.</p>

<p>The Whole Foods next to De Anza is the biggest in the nation?! Can you give me some sources? This is interesting to me!</p>

<p>[Whole</a> Foods opening third largest store in Lincoln Park :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Business](<a href=“http://www.suntimes.com/business/1548842,CST-FIN-whole29web.article]Whole”>http://www.suntimes.com/business/1548842,CST-FIN-whole29web.article)</p>

<p>The flagship Whole Foods in Austin, TX is the biggest in the nation.</p>

<p>Have you ever BEEN to Berkeley!?? THAT is the land of Low Carb/Organic stuff! :D<br>
@evan that may be, but I’ll take a higher concentration of fit people any day :smiley:
So you’ve got more fatties @ ucla, congrats :smiley: hahaha jk jk</p>

<p>Whatever! We’ve got all the hotties, and everyone knows it! I don’t believe there is a UCLA equivalence to “Berkeley Goggles!” :D</p>

<p>^ Amen! Hahahah</p>

<p>Think about how depressed people are that they live in the bay area…they don’t eat. Lol Jk</p>

<p>Wow, this thread = backfiring? :D</p>

<p>well SF has lots more things going on culturally and many nice sites where people run. LA doesn’t have the bay area kind of culture</p>

<p>That’s debatable.</p>

<p>right after berkeley comes marin in the land of organic and healthy no hydrogenated oils or preservatives
why is this here though?</p>

<p>haha, sorry, california’s largest XD i just remember hearing about it/reading about it in the newspaper when it first opened (2 years ago?), still somewhat relevant to this conversation though since the bay and la are both in cali lol, and i just have to say, palo alto is a very very fit place lol</p>

<p>Ugh, and they must be so pale! They never see the sun :/</p>

<p>i bet people are more “plastic” in LA. hahaa</p>

<p>They are indeed more plastic :slight_smile: I’ve lived here in LA all my life, and believe me, it was a breath of fresh air to meet NorCal People :smiley: I didn’t even mind the hellas</p>

<p>I am definitely ready for a change</p>

<p>lol i am worried about the Vitamin D deficiency…they say the sun up there is not as strong. </p>

<p>i have a natural tannish color…but i would miss the sun lightening my hair…it gives it such a pretty color.
:(</p>

<p>and you know, everyone talks about the “hotties” at UCLA but I didn’t see any when I went. I hope I see them at orientation or in the fall. My standards aren’t even that high because after two years at my cc, pretty much any decent looking person is an upgrade.</p>