Permanent Resident Grad school question

<p>Hi, I moved to the US when I was about 12, sixth grade. I am still a permanent resident at the moment, when I apply to graduate school would I be required to take the TOFEL exam like the international students? Would this affect my chances of getting TA position because my native language isn't English?</p>

<p>No, you graduated from a U.S. high school. I highly doubt any school will require you to take a TOEFL.</p>

<p>I was in a similar boat, and only a single university of the several dozen I researched wanted to see a TOEFL score. Most grad schools accept an undergraduate degree from an American university as proof that you can function in an academic environment. </p>

<p>My current university did however ask me to go through an internal language screening before I was cleared to teach.</p>