perspectives on science

<p>I'm considering applying for this program. Does anybody know how and when to apply, how competitive the program is, and what benefits it offers? How many freshmen are typically chosen?</p>

<p>heya:</p>

<p>you should get a card in the packet you get with rooming information, chem and english preregistration, etc. Just fill it out and mail it in. I'm not sure when the deadline is, but sometime in the middle of the summer. </p>

<p>I'm not really sure how competitive it is as I don't know how many people apply for it, but about 60 kids get chosen every year. </p>

<p>Perspectives in science offers you a leisurely class that introduces to you all the different kinds of research that is happening at yale as well as a chance to get to network/rub-elbows with a lot of the professors that you otherwise wouldn't have a chance to. It also guarantees funding for your freshman summer to do research here at Yale, although there are still other sources of funding for research if you don't get into perspectives.</p>

<p>the tour guide for science hill during bulldog days said it was something like 50 percent. it's somewhat competitive but the acceptance rate is obviously not as low for entrance to yale.</p>

<p>What is perspectives on science?</p>

<p>Edit: Oh, nm I googled it. Cool.</p>